• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bulk ink or cartridge?

I went with 8 color cartridges for my Mimaki, quality is so much higher than expected even on laptop decals that I wish I went with bulk double cmyk. 8 color will generally slow down the printer but gives better quality primarily on gradients especially on B&W gradients. For banners and such go with double cmyk bulk no brainer. For small decals / photo printing / thirt iron-ons it worth considering cmyk+light colors.

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
Solution: To keep your grays neutral and consistent throughout the print run, it’s best to create gray using only a screen of black. Light gray can be accomplished using 10-30% black, medium grays can be achieved from 40-60% black and dark grays between 70-85% black. Creating gray using all four colors (CMYK) opens the door to color variation with warm, cool or brownish gray tones. A slight shift on press toward magenta will make a pink-gray, any shift toward cyan will make a blue-gray and too much yellow will make a brown-gray.

It depends, download versaworks from roland, it's free and it gives you an ink estimation for you job. My consumption is 1cc/sqft for my wallpaper prints.

That's not a very good solution, only K gradients had funny patterns on my old cmyk truevis, but maybe i set it up wrong, don't know.