• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bulk ink system for Roland SP540 versacamm

jagsouthern

Anyone had any experience with the bulk system from Supply55? We are printing with a Roland Versacamm SP540 with eco-sol inks. Price is good for a horizontal cartridge setup. :thankyou:

jagsouthern

More info

NO!

However, could you provide a little more detail in what your are talking about?

:smile:

What is your question? Digital printing, Roland versacamm SP540 printer, bulk ink system, Supply55 dealer, eco-sol inks. Cartridges are horizontal. Would like to know what bulk system is used successfully by users. I do print to vinyl, etc. like most others. Do you have such a printer or use bulk ink?

rjssigns

Don't do it.

About the only way is if you are running thousands of dollars of ink per month. Savings on the ink will help amortize all the heads you will wreck.

3rd party ink sucks. Been there, done that. Never again.

anothersign

I agree

I was a Roland Tech for a big sign supply store in the Chicago area and i seen so many 3rd party inks screw things up and its not worth it.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Don't do it.

About the only way is if you are running thousands of dollars of ink per month. Savings on the ink will help amortize all the heads you will wreck.

3rd party ink sucks. Been there, done that. Never again.

"3rd party ink sucks" - Which brand? It is like saying X's car sucks. What kind of car X's driving? How did X treat the car? Maintenances? Will any car last without an oil change?

If you are using more than two sets of 440ml eco max, give us a call. Send us a jpeg, we will print with our SP540i and video tape it for you.

Roland doesn't make ink. Do you think only 1 company in the world makes good Eco Solvent Inks? Do you think it is so hard to understand the concept of the eco solvent? It is not rocket science. C'mon.

:rock-n-roll:

rjssigns

"3rd party ink sucks" - Which brand? It is like saying X's car sucks. What kind of car X's driving? How did X treat the car? Maintenances? Will any car last without an oil change?

If you are using more than two sets of 440ml eco max, give us a call. Send us a jpeg, we will print with our SP540i and video tape it for you.

Roland doesn't make ink. Do you think only 1 company in the world makes good Eco Solvent Inks? Do you think it is so hard to understand the concept of the eco solvent? It is not rocket science. C'mon.

:rock-n-roll:

Gee you would make one whole print for me?! Golly, I don't know what to say. That one whole print would sure prove how good your ink is. What a fool I've been thinking 3rd party inks are no good when one single print would prove it. Yup so many things have been proven with just one test. Why if you hadn't pointed it out I'd never have known. Thanks mister.

jagsouthern

bulk ink system is the question

No need to argue the merits of 3rd party inks; I have used them successfully for at least 7 years. Do any of you use a bulk ink system? If so, what kind and what is your opinion of them? The thread is about bulk ink systems not 3rd party inks!:banghead:

Gene@mpls

I thought that was a specific ink system you were asking about... bulk
ink is the way to go- cheaper, less maintenance. I have used the Triangle
bulk system for 8-9 years.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Gee you would make one whole print for me?! Golly, I don't know what to say. That one whole print would sure prove how good your ink is. What a fool I've been thinking 3rd party inks are no good when one single print would prove it. Yup so many things have been proven with just one test. Why if you hadn't pointed it out I'd never have known. Thanks mister.

I am sure you don't.

Printing 100 banners to prove is no problem. but pay for it. Still no name of that third party ink company? Was there really one?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
No need to argue the merits of 3rd party inks; I have used them successfully for at least 7 years. Do any of you use a bulk ink system? If so, what kind and what is your opinion of them? The thread is about bulk ink systems not 3rd party inks!:banghead:

Bulk ink system will work fine if you chose the right one. Simple refillable system is our favorite. Your ink supplier should carry the system. I would suggest to buy from them or once you have problem, they will say it is bulk system. Bulk system would say it is the ink. My share is done here. Sorry if I offended in any way to any body. It just bothers that he doesn't say it right but to the vague conclusion - All third party doesn't work. Just like many of our clients. Right third party works. The third party ink that he ok to try from a random salesman to the door didn't work. It is like someone came to my door saying his car is awesome. He didn't change oil. Hey, all cars sucks. lol

Printing with our inks in bulk ink system - Mutoh Valuejet 1604
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prWX9jMdaUg

Printing with our inks in bulk ink system - Roland VS640
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt_lBkL5gy0

MrSalumi

I use a triagle bulk ink system using bordeaux ink on my SJ-540. It works great! I certainly wouldn't switch now to OEM inks.

rjssigns

Sorry but it is...the two are not mutually exclusive.

Anything that says bulk ink for Roland is 3rd party. Roland never made a bulk ink system for any of their machines.

redbarn

I tried triangle inks about 2-3 years ago. It was a nightmare ended up sending the full set back. Magenta was a problem, never could get a true red. They may have gotten better by now but to me, not worth the hassle.

Circleville Signs

I use a bulk ink system from Knight in my Mutoh, and have recently switched to JetBest inks.

I've had good luck with them so far, and the bulk system, literally, saves me anywhere from $500/mo (in the winter) to $1500/mo (in the summer).

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Sorry but it is...the two are not mutually exclusive.

Anything that says bulk ink for Roland is 3rd party. Roland never made a bulk ink system for any of their machines.

The two are mutually exclusive if his question is about what bulk ink system to use. By your own statement, using a bulk ink system excludes using OEM ink and therefor removed it from being a part of his question.

jagsouthern

Supply55

I like what I am seeing regarding the bulk system. These are much simpler than I last remembered. Roland having a bulk ink system is like HP having anything refillable for their desktop printers. Selling the cartridge ink is their lifeline. I am using the 20/20 ink from Grimco which has poor abrasion resistance; that is another reason to change inks.

Circleville Signs

Grimco's 20/20 ink is El Terrible.

I was using Lyson Eco-Sol for a while, now I'm using the jetBest ink. Another member here has had a really great experience with JetBest as well.

The key to a good bulk system is the delivery system, not the ink.

Jack Knight1979

I successfully use Solaris in my Rolands using the bulk systems that have the floats in the cartridge. Good stuff. The ink has a stronger odor so I vent. Prints are great.

I will probably use OEM on my other Roland only because of the printers location - I'm unable to vent it.

jagsouthern

Grimco's 20/20 ink is El Terrible.

I was using Lyson Eco-Sol for a while, now I'm using the jetBest ink. Another member here has had a really great experience with JetBest as well.

The key to a good bulk system is the delivery system, not the ink.
Thanks Gary. I hope that I can find the best of both worlds. Will look into the JetBest inks.