• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bulk Ink Systems

tadrian2

Hello all Roland users;

I've noticed a lot of 3rd party and bulk ink systems out there and was wondering if any of you have tried or use these inks. My machine is well past its warranty period so the voiding of my warranty does not apply. I believe Roland tries to scare people from purchasing these inks, which are considerably less expensive, by claiming that they are no good and can clog your heads but how can a 3rd party manufacturer stay in business if this is the case not to mention that Roland inks have done the same to print heads also.

Please post a reply if you or know someone who has or is using any 3rd party ink.

I'm not sure of the rules of the forum group but if you can mention the manufacturer then I would like to see who to look at or stay away from.

Thanks to all who have replied :notworthy:

inkmed

Actually, most users use 3rd part ink now. Both CISS ink system and 3rd part cartridge.
And there are companies can produce ink more or less same as original ink.
3rd part ink price less than half of original Roland ink, why not it :smile:

Adam Yang from Inkmed

Fatboy

Contact Fieldcentre on this forum.They have 3 party inks sorted out 100% with there J star.Been using it non stop for 3 years now and no problems at all.

durafosinks

tadrian2, 3rd party inks will save you money. However, before you consider a CISS, you must determine how much printing you are doing. Is it 5-7 hours 5 days a week -or- is it 1 hour a day 5 days a week? Also, comfortable are you working on the machine? Are you doing simple cleaning and maintenance daily?

4R Graphics

I have owned 2 mimaki printers and have always ran trinagle brand ink in a bulk ink system and have never had problems that were the inks fault.