• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bulk Inks

KenG

Wanted to know who is the best supplier for bulk inks for Roland eco solvent. We have the XR 640 and it is drinking inks like a thirsty child, which is good on the basis that we are busy but is bad because I am in the Caribbean and need to always be ordering inks just in time.

Anyone have any experience with bulk eco solvent inks for the Roland ?

FatCat

I actually run 2 Mutoh VJ printers with DX5 heads, but I have been told Roland OEM and Mutoh OEM are almost identical in formulation. I switched a few years ago to JetBest inks and have been nothing short of pleased with their SKY eco inks formulated for Mutoh and Roland. Very good ink, virtually no shift from OEM color and I was able to use the same profiles. The ink has a little more solvent smell, but costs just $89/ liter which is a considerable savings over OEM. Give them a call, they will let you try a cartridge or 2 free of charge. They will give you the names of other customers using their ink with the same or similar printer as you. If you end up ordering, please be kind and let them know Sean at Prosign Studio told you about them. (This way I get a free cartridge for the referral.) :smile:

http://jetbestusa.com

*Ah, I didn't realize that you were using the Max-2 inks. I am guessing these are formulated for the regular eco-sol Max ink set. still, it never hurts to call and see what they can offer. They've been good to deal with and quality of their ink is always top notch.

Jack Knight1979

I use Solaris inks with no problems. Love the stuff. Compared to OEM the inks, Solaris puts off quite a smell. I vent my machine.

On a new Roland like yours. I would not change ink sets. Wait until the warranty is over. If something does go wrong, even if the ink was not at fault. Roland will not help you. It's not worth it, unless you go through multiple sets of ink a month.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Good morning folks!

Replacement ink cartridge for Roland Eco Max 2 is now available through Bordeaux. I will PM you for more information.

Francis Kao
Sales Associate
Premier Colour, Inc

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Good morning folks!

Replacement ink cartridge for Roland Eco Max 2 is now available through Bordeaux. I will PM you for more information.

Francis Kao
Sales Associate
Premier Colour, Inc

By the way, we are working with Bordeaux now. We have four Rolands here testing inks ( XC540, SC545EX, SP540V BN20). Both Bordeaux and Jetbest (previous a dealer of their) are matching good colors to Roland Eco Sol Max. The Bordeaux ink is much more scratch resistance.

Bly

We've used Bordeaux cartridges for years with no problem,
in fact we switched our last new Roland onto them from delivery.

lodcomm

In my admittedly old roland I ran both the nazdar 2000 series inks, and have recently switched to JetBest.

I had to use modified ICC profiles to get the proper colors with the nazdar inks, they printed well and melded into the vinyl properly as well.

With the JetBest inks I went back to the original Roland eco-sol profiles and with a bit of tweaking on the ink limits the JetBest is printing fine.

I am happy with both the price & performance of the JetBest and will stick with them.

-t

meritan

my qyestion is?

if you are in caraiben, WHY you buy the last Roland printer? you most buy a Roland xc, or VS, and you can print with thirdpart inks,
the people don't think, buy the printer and then think :(