• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BUMMER... just spent thousands on Enroute for Vista

iSign

well, I guess it's not as bad as all that, I plan to run it with XP later this year, when I get a router.

But, I just forked out the several thousand dollars to have it now, because I want to start learning it at home on my laptop, and mostly because I'm attending Dan Sawatzky's Router Magic Workshop.

I will have my laptop with me, and hopefully be running Enroute on there somehow... but it seems I can't run it on Vista.

I already spent an entire day, last summer, learning that this laptop will never run on XP, because no XP drivers exist for anything on this machine.

I guess I got a mint condition HP laptop for sale :Oops:

Isign,

does that mean your coming to Canada for a visit?? when?? and are you going to do some shop tours?? Sawatsky is in Chilliwack or close?? Ken is just in the Shushwap (not far away) and I'm just on the other side of the rockies in Alberta, (great drive from B.C. to Alberta)??

Just a thought, seeing how all of us frozen Canadians are coming to your place in January, don't worry, I don't mind sleeping on the couch.

Tell us more about the workshop,

Fine Line Darrel :Canada 2:

MVIP

well, I guess it's not as bad as all that, I plan to run it with XP later this year, when I get a router.

But, I just forked out the several thousand dollars to have it now, because I want to start learning it at home on my laptop, and mostly because I'm attending Dan Sawatzky's Router Magic Workshop.

I will have my laptop with me, and hopefully be running Enroute on there somehow... but it seems I can't run it on Vista.

I already spent an entire day, last summer, learning that this laptop will never run on XP, because no XP drivers exist for anything on this machine.

I guess I got a mint condition HP laptop for sale :Oops:

That Sucks! EnRoute will be coming with a new version soon. It's Supposed to be Vista Compatible. Are You going to Dan Sawatzky's shop in Feb? Tom Penner is teaching EnRoute at that one. Great guy who really know his stuff. I really want to attend that, and still may.

Good Luck! you'll love this new dimension.
-Matt

iSign

I got the Pro version, with full 3D capabilities.

Yep.. I'm coming to Canada. Want to hold down the shop for me while I'm gone Darrel?

Flying to Chicago to get my mom and sister as we will be celebrating my moms 80th birthday at my brothers place in Seattle, and his daughters 3rd birthday. It so happens my own birthday is that month along with my son and daughter, so I'm flying both kids out to join me for some snowboarding on Mt. baker before the workshop. The workshop trip over the border will be long enough to spend an extra day at Dan's shop, either before or after the 3 day main event.

If you're thinking of attending, don't wait too long. It WILL sell out, as there is only 10 seats available. Columbia Signs, another signs101 guy will be there too... and GB2 is thinking about it too.

GB2

Old Member
I am still working on it...actually I'm waiting for an answer from Enroute as I type before I make the committment, so that I don't end up in a similar dilema as you. My concern though is not with the operating system, as I only run XP on all my computers, but I haven't gotten a response yet from Enroute though I've called a number of times.

GK

Just curious but have you looked into running a Virtual PC? you can run a watered down version of XP (low resourced) within Vista. I know a lot of people doing this right now because of all the incompatible stuff out there. Just a suggestion if you havent already considered it.

iSign

Gary, thanks again for the tip on that promotion. Advantage sign supply didn't even know about it, but since I got the order in on time last month, they retroactively secured the credit for me!

I hope you like beer, because if you make it to the workshop... I owe you plenty! (I'll bring you a pound of Kona too ...ahh, no it ain't weed:Oops:)

George,
I always thought of that as a windows on a mac sort of thing... before the intel chip. How does this put XP on Vista? Same way I guess, but would bypass the driver issues 'cause Vista still runs in the background?

iSign

That sounds cool to me. My travel dates are starting to gel... not sure when I'll hit Chicago, but probably around Feb 10, arriving Seattle 1 or 2 days later with my mom.

I might be up for a trip to the bars any night before I meet my son at the airport the night of the 13th. Then after a whirlwind trip to spend most of the weekend on Mt. Baker... I'll be heading back to the airport on the 17th since his college classes back in Florida are not closed for Presidents Day.

On shorter layovers, I've met friends at airports before because they have bars & public transportation always goes there... but I'll probably be renting a car, so if you live and work pretty near Seattle, I might even have time to check out your shop before heading up North.

Replicator

30 minutes east of seattle . . .

East on I90 to the Snoqualmie Valley . . .

But I could drive to Seattle if needed !

Bulldog1929

Hey Rep, I've got to tell you, that when I first came upon the "Pass" I couldn't pronounce it at all [ 1972]. My girlfriend was from Tacoma. Since I couldn't pronounce it, I called it { Snoogle-pussy-pass} :Big Laugh She wet her pants she laughed so hard. Then she told me how to say it.
Mike

Columbia Signs

I'm looking forward to seeing you again. Glad to see you got the pro version... you'll be very happy with it!

Let me know if you need a ride from Seattle to Dan's place.

~Cody

iSign

Thanks cody, I just may want to take you up on that. I just got off the phone with American Airlines & Avis. The Blazer I'll need to get 4 of us, and snowboards, up to the mountains will cost $650/wk... so I cut my reservation in half for that, thinking I might do without once we get off the hill & the kids head home. I can always get something smaller, so we'll play it by ear as long as you don't need to know right away.

Were you going up the 21st arriving mid day? Also, I think last time we spoke, I was hoping to stick around for an extra day on the 25th, but you probably weren't, is that correct? I may explore the options of heading up with you & getting back another way. Yeah, will be good to see you again too. Is the wife making the trip again too?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We're about 2,776 miles east [and a little south] of Seattle, so if you can fit a quick commute in there..... my treat to some hot dogs and plenty of :beer:beer:beer:beer :Welcome: anytime

SqueeGee

Gary, thanks again for the tip on that promotion. Advantage sign supply didn't even know about it, but since I got the order in on time last month, they retroactively secured the credit for me!

Doug,

Can you tell us more about the promotion on Enroute?

Thanks,

iSign

it was for anyone upgrading (crossgrading?) from artpath, which is a Gerber router software & now comes included with Omega version 2.6 (and maybe 2.5)

The promotion was said to end December 31st, but who knows if they might extend it.

I qualified from owning Omega 2.6 & it saved me $1500