• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bus Wrap Advice

Black Star

Not A New Member
I have to wrap the back of this bus and was wondering if I could get some tips. I have to wrap a couple inches above the license plate area and down from there. I have a couple of big concerns. First, how do I wrap inside the license plate cave? It goes in pretty deep and there are a lot of complex curves there.

My other concern is right above the bumper in the crease line. I'm a little concerned when I get to the corners of the bus and hitting that line and trying to make everything work.

Any other tips would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Bus.jpg
    Bus.jpg
    780.9 KB · Views: 299

Reveal1

We have one in house exactly like this in-house. You are wrapping the most difficult part of that bus. Several ways to do this, but for commercial wrap I would seam at horizontal area where that line butts to the vertical area. that seam will hardly be visible down there. Then you could use a single piece for the vertical that takes in the left and top of the recess like flaps on a box. Use knifeless tape for finished seam. Patch in a flat black rectangle behind license plate or use scrap of matching material. For commercial wraps okay to have seams as long as they are hidden and well finished. Please don't take offense, but from the questions it sounds like maybe you don't have a ton of wrap experience - so, gotta start somewhere. Wrap Institute video subscription worth every penny with lots of these type of scenarios. Check out bumper wraps which are similar techniques.

Last edited:

Black Star

Not A New Member
We have one in house exactly like this in-house. You are wrapping the most difficult part of that bus. Several ways to do this, but for commercial wrap I would seam at horizontal area where that line butts to the vertical area. that seam will hardly be visible down there. Then you could use a single piece for the vertical that takes in the left and top of the recess like flaps on a box. Use knifeless tape for finished seam. Patch in a flat black rectangle behind license plate or use scrap of matching material. For commercial wraps okay to have seams as long as they are hidden and well finished. Please don't take offense, but from the questions it sounds like maybe you don't have a ton of wrap experience - so, gotta start somewhere. Wrap Institute video subscription worth every penny with lots of these type of scenarios. Check out bumper wraps which are similar techniques.
Thank you for the information. I have done a few wraps but nothing like this before. I guessed that's how it would need to be done with the seams. I'm also working with printed vinyl so I don't want to over stretch. It also doesn't help that it is a straight color instead of a textured design. I'll check out the Wrap Institute sign.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
pre wrap the license plate box. Feed the wrap into the areas below the tail lights stretching as little as possible. You will have to heat and stretch the area, its just not possible to do it cold. Over print your design and use knifless tape.