• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Card Design Critique

EbsWeb5150

Before this card goes to press, I wanted to get it critique.

Attachments

• GraphicsGarageCard_Proof.jpg
    GraphicsGarageCard_Proof.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 177

Pat Whatley

Is the name of the place "The Graphics Garage" "Graphics The Garage" or just "The Garage"? The name isn't working at all.

speedmedia

If you are going to do "The Graphics Garage" you need to make it read that way. I agree the color contrast is bad as well.

Try doing a search of "garage" images on istockphoto.com or a similar site that may offer some more contrast. I like the name if you get it to read right.

Thanks,
Kurt

JoshLoring

Honestly.. We have one "Garage Graphics" One "Garage Graffix" and a couple Graffix Garage's
How about The Graphics Shack?

DO Grafx

Im not fond of the colors. The layout could use a little work. And on another note...you should look into buying the name web domain for your business. For some reason people seem to be more comfortable with a beberhart@thegraphicsgarage.com rather than comcast, gmail etc. It's just more professional. Just my 2 cents.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
if you are going to stick with the garage door; make it half way open and dark and put the contact or important information there in white so it is easy to read.

I'm guessing you have a good bit invested in equipment. why not have someone design your logo including a color scheme and letterhead mast. The mast could be used in quickbooks and even you website if your budget is tight. spend a few hundred on a good logo and design. there are quite a few here on the forum that will do a great job for a logo or you can find someone at 99designs.com or similar crowd sourcing sites.

JoshLoring

Briankb- I'm not sure he I going to pay for logo design when his business card advertises that he offers logo design. =0

Jillbeans

I would put the laundry list on the back for starters.
And get a website, they are easily affordable and make your business seem more established.
It does read really weird.
The colors could almost work together.
Here's a quickie suggestion which is probably very plain looking.
Using Arial...ugh.
(I do not have any Hellvetica-ish fonts in this program)
Not 100% sure about how I did the back.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 119

JoshLoring

Sometimes simplicity pays. Jill is already steps ahead from the original. Nice work Jill.

Brainstorm: graphics garage- I think garage sale - garage outline - logo shaped like a roofline - "great deals" - homely colors, welcoming - hmm..

EbsWeb5150

update on card

update on card from -JT Grace Graphics, Jill Beans and others
thank you for all your input

Attachments

• GraphicsGarageCard_Frontproof.jpg
    GraphicsGarageCard_Frontproof.jpg
    598.5 KB · Views: 141
  • GraphicsGarageCard_BackProof.jpg
    GraphicsGarageCard_BackProof.jpg
    595.8 KB · Views: 132

GB2

Old Member
I don't know why but I can not view your images, I can only see the thumbnails...that being said, on first glance it looks more like Graphics Jailhouse to me and it seems very distracting to your text/logo.

JoshLoring

Using hard lighting and displacement mapping is cool but it's making your lower text illegible.
Your logo looks much better but work on making the card more legible.