• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Card Design

JManes7

What do you think? :thankyou:

Attachments

• WoodsBizCardCopy.jpg
    WoodsBizCardCopy.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 219

neato

Nice attempt. I think it still needs some work. There are quite a few things to mention but the first thing that I wondered is why did you choose the star and the cool blue color? Neither really says lawn care to me.

SignManiac

neato took the words right out of my mouth. What you have in no way, suggests or feels anything like landscaping. I could see using a star if it was in the name perhaps, but here it serves no purpose at all.

You might want to start fresh. Google landscaping companies and look at some other ideas for inspiration.

JManes7

I understand where you are both coming from. I realize that it doesn't scream Lawncare, but the customer specifically asked that it not. His existing logo was the Star with Wood's so I started with that. I may try talking him in to a new logo.

Thanks- Jeremy

Lunatic Taskbar

For me the initial thoughts are:

On the front the F in Full service runs nicely with the angle of the Star, But the W in woods doesn't! I would try having the W open more to complement the Star a little more.

On the reverse side I would try putting facebook logo into the centre of the star with the wording to the left. (if you need the wording). I would also add a way for customers to find you on facebook. Otherwise its wasted information. And the email on the back seems a little disjointed from the rest, try it on the front.

But as has been said above... Its not saying lawncare to me. Maybe try changing the colours.

Its always great to give the customers what they want. after all they pay the bills. However sometimes they try to be overly clever and totally miss the mark. or they try to make something that will impress others in that industry. But the target audience misses it totally.

Like a restaurant calling its self something unpronounceable that turns out to be a speciality dish that they don't even serve. Now others in the industry may get it... but the customers simply don't get it. Total missed opportunity.

Its always good to do what the customers asks for but you also need to try and coax them into making each dollar that they spend with you as well spent and as effective as it can be.

Ian

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I don't care at all for the font used (sci-fi style). Needs a friendlier font. It is very hard to read that email in all caps

Craig Sjoquist

2 greens would be a better color combo .. but likes the start be good if they had 5 star service if thats what they trying for

Marlene

Nice attempt. I think it still needs some work. There are quite a few things to mention but the first thing that I wondered is why did you choose the star and the cool blue color? Neither really says lawn care to me.

the customer may not want to go with the classic look of a lawncare company but what he needs to understand is his customer's will want to. I have seen a local landscaper around here go with teal instead of green but they made it work with the graphics. the hardest thing to do when designing is to get a customer off what they like and into what their customer's will like. if you took all the wording explaining what the company did off the card, no one would know what kind of a company it was. the whole point of graphics and colors is to help convey the message and it just isn't doing what it is suppose to do.

SurfaceSigns

I would have to agree with the majority here, this card in no way portrays the fact this guy is in the landscaping business. It's the sort of card I would expect from a low budget type of company, the sort I would not even consider to mow my lawn, let along pay for enhanced landscaping.

The business card is represents a first impression of your company. It needs to tell a story while providing important info. This does neither.

Aside from the change in design as mentioned by others, I would also recommend the following...

1. tell him to spend the $10 to get a domain name so that he can at least have a personalized email address (using a freebie email for business is lame)
2. Drop the "find us on facebook", unless he's going to take the time to actually utilize the page. Does anyone actually use these to gain business?
3. Get a Logo.

Best of luck on this one!