• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Card Design

TommyFastLane

I design from a Toshiba Laptop. One of the services I have is that I will design with you frm scratch so I ensure you will get what you want. I designed this card in 15 to 20 min at the direction of the customer. I work well when I have direction so naturally I take criticism well. Everything on the card he had written before hand. Business cards, I think, are not only for contact information but can serve as a mini flyer of sorts. That is my thoughts but i have only been doing this since 2007. This card is done approved and ordered. How could I have made it better?

Attachments

• Swamp Busy Card back example.jpg
    Swamp Busy Card back example.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 98
  • Swamp Busy Card Front example.jpg
    Swamp Busy Card Front example.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 84

Jillbeans

Did you post your attachments in CMYK?
Because I can't enlarge them.
From the thumbnails they are hard to read.
The name on the left would have looked better with more contrast, such as in white rather than red.
Compare the black name with the white number on the red background.
You have to be careful when using red and black together.
Everything is real close to the borders, like Weasel mentioned.
Love....Jill

SignManiac

Well first off, your customers directions weren't very good. Contrast is poor, font choices aren't good either. No composition or flow to the design elements. It's not about finding places to stick letters and pictures.

Prioritizing copy is important. Do a Google search for business card design and then study and analyze the really good ones to learn what works, and what doesn't. It will take you years of trial and error if you try to figure it out on your own. Take a valuable shortcut and learn from books or dig up some design threads here on this forum to speed up the learning process.

Here's a good starting point. http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=business%20card%20design&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS301US301&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1680&bih=860

TommyFastLane

Hey, Thanks for the Help!
@ Jillbeans; Sorry you couldnt pull it up. I like the comments ive seen you post on others threads.
@ Signmaniac; Thanks! Informative.
@ Deposit Please; I designed on the spot with more of a gut feeling so it was just something i felt. You could say the red is for the Powersports aspect. kinda like a sportscar red?

Marco

Iknownothing

I don't know much, but I agree might be too much. I am admiring what you done in 20 minutes. That is wicked cool! :rock-n-roll:

TommyFastLane

At 19 yrs old I dropped out of the Art Institute of Houston before i could learn photoshop. I do remember a little of the fundamentals though, heres one that must have forgotten...."Less is More"