• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business card design

Pinfinity

I would like to get feedback on this layout for my business card. Please share any thoughts..Thanx

Attachments

• bizcrd1.jpg
    bizcrd1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 90

Locals Find!

Clean to the point. I like it. Just make sure when your printing this you have your black cymk settings at c-60 y-40 m-40 k-100 so you don't get a grayed out black.

I design lots of business cards and simple is always best. To many people overcrowd there card with useless info.

I think you did great.

showcase 66

I like the simplicity of your design. Clean and neat. Only issue I have is the black background only because it show fingerprints and I hate fingerprints on my stuff but thats a personal issue.

Pinfinity

great point! I'll remember those settings for printing, I wouldn't know why the cards look grayed out without that info...I'm printing them on glossy stock..14pt, sound right? Can you recommend an online printer? there are so many out there!

Pat Whatley

I'd drop the swoosh on the left side of the oval, it's pulling too much weight. Other than that it's a good, basic, legible card not buried in effects.

Locals Find!

great point! I'll remember those settings for printing, I wouldn't know why the cards look grayed out without that info...I'm printing them on glossy stock..14pt, sound right? Can you recommend an online printer? there are so many out there!

Unauthorized self promotion removed. Please follow our rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinfinity

Alternate version of biz card

Thanx for the feed back...this was an alternate version of my design breaking up the large coverage of black...what do you think?...Thanx

Attachments

• bizcrd2.jpg
    bizcrd2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 76

Craig Sjoquist

I like it for a one sided card good layout indeed.

1st thing I saw was the infinity name as a blur..need more contrast on name... outline or

Pinfinity

Hey adtechia... you got the job! I just want to get feedback on the alternate design. So your telling me 2 sides printing with the additional specs you provided? Do you recommend 14pt or should I go and can you go heavier? I hate cheesy flimsy cards

Pinfinity

I hear ya Craig...I am trying to maintain that front grill emblem look without overdoing the chrome or metallic look...I see so much butchered chrome these days

Locals Find!

Hey adtechia... you got the job! I just want to get feedback on the alternate design. So your telling me 2 sides printing with the additional specs you provided? Do you recommend 14pt or should I go and can you go heavier? I hate cheesy flimsy cards

I can go heavier, but honestly I sell the hell out of 14 pt I print 100,000 sets of 14 pt a month. Its my most popular paper. I use it on business cards, postcards, and door hangers exclusively. Its not flimsy by any means. 16pt is so thick its actually cracks really easy when it goes into a wallet.

We can add the second side at no additional cost. Let me know if you need a template to set your bleed and trim margins, or you can make your own. The bleed margin should be 3.625 x 2.125 trim - 3.5 x 2 and safe area 3.25 x 1.75 keep all your text and logos inside the safe area and your good to go.

Also, the online designer has all the margins programmed right into it.

Pinfinity

Adtechia So when I'm ready to send it to you, you recommend I upload the file to your site and use your print margins and bleeds?

Locals Find!

Adtechia So when I'm ready to send it to you, you recommend I upload the file to your site and use your print margins and bleeds?

Yes, thats is the easiest way to make sure I get a usable file. Email sometime corrupts them.

Also, the margins I gave you will ensure your card comes out properly when its cut down to size.

If you send the file over a .pdf thats the best format. I do suggest converting your text to outlines/curves to ensure compatibility. That or include your font files.

I will send you a proof prior to going to press to ensure your design on my end matches the design on your end.

Also, make sure your profile is set for CMYK and not RGB because, RGB when converted can cause color shifts that you may not like.

Pinfinity

Good Deal... I'm contemplating possibly adding some bullet services on the back of the card but I don't want it to look like a sir speedy in house design...no offense sir speedy.Adtechia, any suggestions from what you see on a daily basis for 2nd side?

Locals Find!

I see a lot of people use bullet points, some put coupons on the back like 15% off for New customers, Your Referral helps me stay in business, some advertise a particular product.

The ones I like the best is when someone shows off there work on the back. For example I have a few Realtors I work with that put there High Dollar listings that aren't going to move fast on the back of there cards. Showcases they can play with the big boys and your small job is going to be well taken care of.

For signs and graphics I would showcase some of your work. Something your really proud of.

Pinfinity

I like the showcasing of work...great idea...give me a day to put the 2nd side together and I am going to send you my file...you have been a great help and I appreciate it