• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Card face lift

DiamondGraphix

Nice designs. I'd just like to add that I'm not a fan of variants of "graphix" (or "grafiks" as one of my friends uses it) or gmail addresses for businesses.

Yeah i just kinda went with it years ago and now we are known by that name and there is no going back lol, also i have an actuall web email the gmail will not be on the card

TimToad

Oh I get it, your another one of those posters who throws some hunk of dogmeat out there, and when somebody probably with decades more experience points out some weaknesses in said dogmeat, you get all indignant about it?

And then thank one of the only people who simply gave you props for the concept without qualifications, like that makes all the other more critical, if not completely deserved analysis go away.

I offered some solid observations and frankly was really restrained about what I really thought.

Some of us are to the point of not even wanting to weigh in unless the poster has a large number of other contributions and would be considered a peer.

DiamondGraphix

Oh I get it, your another one of those posters who throws some hunk of dogmeat out there, and when somebody probably with decades more experience points out some weaknesses in said dogmeat, you get all indignant about it?

And then thank one of the only people who simply gave you props for the concept without qualifications, like that makes all the other more critical, if not completely deserved analysis go away.

I offered some solid observations and frankly was really restrained about what I really thought.

Some of us are to the point of not even wanting to weigh in unless the poster has a large number of other contributions and would be considered a peer.

So since my post count is low on a forum, im the less experienced, i opened an account on here a day ago. My keyboard experience has nothing to do with sign, design, or wrap experience....all i wanted was some opinions on a design, didnt expect to be hated on so much lol. I get it im new to the forum. But some responses are ignorant.

Moderator yall can delete this thread, i didnt know a design wpuld bring so much disruptive behavior.

I respect everyone thats on here and wish yall best of luck

TXFB.INS

good concept, like the curling vinyl
would look awesome if you did the carbon in either a spot UV or a foil print

the points for me are
  • the fonts, need easier fonts to read
  • area to take notes/write on
  • what about "printing" instead of just print
  • why is the name/logo on the front and back? I get the back is vertical but seems redundant

Marlene

So since my post count is low on a forum, im the less experienced, i opened an account on here a day ago. My keyboard experience has nothing to do with sign, design, or wrap experience....all i wanted was some opinions on a design, didnt expect to be hated on so much lol. I get it im new to the forum. But some responses are ignorant.

Moderator yall can delete this thread, i didnt know a design wpuld bring so much disruptive behavior.

most were doing their best to give you what you asked for and that was what are our thoughts on your card. the verbage is part of that so asking about pural vs singular was a valid question. all the rest were valid opinions too. none of like words spelled funky like Graphix or Xtreme and it causes most to groan but most keep that to themselves. some don't so just ignore that. no one attacked your logo which I thought was pretty good of people as you are proud of it. all I suggested was making the sub text another font so that it doesn't take away from your logo. others had good suggestions yet you hear a couple of negitive comments and run screaming like the playground bullies are after you. when asking what people think expect people to tell you. you asked and people gave time to grow up

Gino

Premium Subscriber

most were doing their best to give you what you asked for and that was what are our thoughts on your card. the verbage is part of that so asking about pural vs singular was a valid question. all the rest were valid opinions too. none of like words spelled funky like Graphix or Xtreme and it causes most to groan but most keep that to themselves. some don't so just ignore that. no one attacked your logo which I thought was pretty good of people as you are proud of it. all I suggested was making the sub text another font so that it doesn't take away from your logo. others had good suggestions yet you hear a couple of negitive comments and run screaming like the playground bullies are after you. when asking what people think expect people to tell you. you asked and people gave time to grow up

Ya know, good discussion/dialog comes in many forms. I've gotten to the point years ago.... and this forum has nothing to do with it, but just everyday life, that you need to look at every morsel of someone else's interest and take from it what you want or need. Those that take only the sugarcoated bullsh!t are seeing what they normally see. Others who take the time to read between the lines or understand what is being said, will further their lives and abilities tenfold. Like this guy here, think little, rub elbows with little minded people and you'll always be little.

Nope, I'm done arguing with these people. I won't shove my ideas down someone's throat, but if they ask, I'll continue to be brutally honest.

Ever wonder why so may pupils in school succeed and so many are C or D students and just get by ?? Not me. The C students and whatnots hafta finagle or become shysters to make a living, while the people who applied themselves rule. Not always, but probably 98% of the time.
Ya also have those who can't or couldn't do and sell books or CDs on various subjects. That's how they stay afloat. How many CDs are out there showing you how to flip a house and make money with nothing invested ?? How many CDs explain how to do anything and all they do is quote famous sayings and show the obvious ?? Yep, that's the ticket, go read a book and become good. Or go watch a Utube thingie.

It is what it is. The card being discussed is fine. It has many flaws and many eye sores. The OP doesn't see it that way, so let him/her do whatever their little heart desires. We are trying to help, but if you want people to laugh behind your back because you're too ignorant to know better, then just agree with your 'loser' friends and tell us to go pound sand.......... oh yeah, ya already told us off.

TimToad

Yep, that's how the know-it-alls just looking for a pat on the back play it.

You forgot the word "newbie" know it alls.

I can understand getting a little gruff if you're an experienced designer or signmaker with some credibility, the work to show for it and folks unleash some unfair critiques on you just to be mean, but cmon' that thing is awful and completely typical of a "wrap first" learn design fundamentals last approach to entering the craft of graphic design and signmaking.

Ooohh....... carbon fiber on a business card with sloppy text and font handling all over it, no prioritization, redundancies all over, unappealing color palette, too many special effects, lack of clarity of message, etc. HOW CUTTING EDGE!

It would awesome on a big lifted pickup though. No, not really.

GoodPeopleFlags

This is exactly what I was talking about last week. If people just want "good job!" replies, just say that up front! Or say, "I'm proud of this! No critique, please!". But I'm sick of the "What do you think?" and when more experienced designers give their honest opinion, they get all butt hurt and try to justify the crap. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Jillbeans

I'm not a web designer.
I am a sign painter since 1985. I can produce nice layouts with or without a computer.
Have a swell day!
:rolleyes:

Tim Aucoin

I for one happen to like Jill's website! :smile: It's simple, clean, easy to navigate and oh, it has more than just one page!
Can't wait to have my website critiqued too! :popcorn:

DiamondGraphix

I'm sorry Ive been FLOODED with work went ahead and printed a few thousand, Customers LOVE them thanks for the professional feedback from some of you, and thanks for the laughs from some others! hope you all had a signtastic week :rock-n-roll::thumb: