• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business card printer

FatCat

Really depends on volume. For several years we had good luck with Konica Minolta 6500 with Creo RIP. However, just not enough money in biz cards these days to justify it anymore. Sub your stuff to 4over, etc. and forget it.

Bly

I used to have a Xerox laser printer for years.
As Fatcat says it's just not worth the overheads to print stuff like that these days.
Get Hero Print or someone like that to do them.
250gsm isn't really heavy enough for cards.

bigben

I've sold my xerox 700 and sub everything now. If you don't already have a large volume for digital print,there is no reason to not sub it out.

HulkSmash

I am looking for a good printer for small runs of business cards and advertising flyers.

Anyone have a printer I would like to hear comments good or bad.

I have been looking at a Oki c711dn I have some sample prints on the way, it can print on 250gsm card and will duplex for two sided printing.

http://www.oki.com.au/printers/colour-printers/a4-printers/detail.aspx?prodid=tcm:132-95647-16

Thanks for any advice.

unless you're doing 10k + business cards a day, it won't be worth the monies.

Welder.man

Thanks for the replies, We are looking to do in house printing for our own needs as well as our existing customers, I offer a fast turnaround and I have tried to outsource the printing but I cannot find anywhere that is quick and good quality (quick and poor quality I can find) I even had one place contact my customers to see if they would like to go directly to them, so to save all the headaches we would like to do in-house. I am only looking at a small runs maybe 2 or 3 sets of business cards, menus for cafes and pubs that change often and a few thousand mail outs a month, But I will buy a printer that will handle more if I do get busy. I have also just ordered a Ricoh SG7100DN sublimation printer for the same reason. My old boss had an Oki printer and we made all our own stationary with it and it worked out very well for him.

Welder.man

I already have a guillotine, die cutter and a hot laminating machine. I still might look at upgrading my guillotine later.

Locals Find!

Adtechiaism.

Nope, you got it wrong I think Colorado left off a zero on his figure. If your doing 100,000 cards a day it might be worth doing it in house. 10 sets a average is not really a big deal. That is basically just about any regular sized office anywhere. Even selling 10 sets a day isn't a miracle feat.

To put that statement into a perspective that even HD can understand I have over 115 Realtors in my office alone and we are not the largest. In our local board we have over 8,000 Realtors and we are one of 5 other boards that are a minimum of 3,000 each. So, lets add that up shall we?? That's a minimum of 20,000 Realtors inside a 50 mile radius. So, lets say each Realtor buys 1000 cards each a year. That would be 20 million cards or 20,000 sets. That is just Real Estate agents alone.

So, If I am averaging only an 18% market share of just Realtors alone. What would justify the expense and work of doing it in house with such low profit margins??

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
You'll need a business card slitter too!

We have a Konica Minolta C284 and we really love it for printing our catalogs. We don't run business card stock through it, but I guess you could. It's a bit pricey though for just running a few sets of business cards a week through it.

Welder.man

Being from Australia I don't really have the option of using these places, I have tried a lot of our local wholesale printers and I have been very disappointed with the quality and time, I even had one place contact out customers to see if they would go direct. We are only looking to do this as an extra service to our existing customers.

Bly

Being from Australia I don't really have the option of using these places, I have tried a lot of our local wholesale printers and I have been very disappointed with the quality and time, I even had one place contact out customers to see if they would go direct. We are only looking to do this as an extra service to our existing customers.

Mate I stopped getting involved in any small format print since it got so competitive.
Might be different in a country town though.
When I get cards done for my wife or myself I use Hero Print.
I just got 1000 cards with spot UV on one side for $130 delivered and they arrived in like 4 days.

jigsaw

We use a company called Parmelia print in WA about 5 day turnaround, excellent quality. 1000 $76.00 delivered.