• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Card

ocean502

Hi...
Not loving the inset..any other ideas? This is my dad's card, please don't call him and tell him his daughter stinks as a designer..lol
He is going to be taking a better pic of jeep and trailer. Trees/sky as background..(not the neighbors house)

Attachments

• screenmasters business card.jpg
    screenmasters business card.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 113

Jillbeans

If it is a place that sells screens why is there a pic of his vehicle/trailer on the card?
Doesn't make sense to me.
The red is real hard to read.
For some reason I thought it was a silkscreening place.
Love....Jill
PS
When using a script try to make it connected as if it were actually hand painted.
I think this might benefit from better fonts for starters.

ocean502

I know, I know...He has been in business for 17 years, and LOVES his jeep, which is the vehicle he uses for his biz. There is no talking him out of it.
So different color than red, or different font?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
At a glance... and even after reading a bit, nothing makes sense. Pictures, copy, background and hard to read text all come together for one heck of an eclectic barrage of unimportant information. Nothing has anything to do with each other. Your image is most deceiving.

It has nothing to do with your design skills, but more with what components you are working with to make this card.

Jillbeans

If I could talk my dad into going out at 11PM in his bathrobe to get me a Whopper, you can talk your dad into letting you design him a logo.
Put that on the front of the card, pertinent info on the back for less clutter.

HaroldDesign

I thought the same thing as Jill - screen printing. Maybe something like this would imply screens for the particular use...

Attachments

• ScreenMasters.jpg
    ScreenMasters.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 105

HeavyHitter

It took me a minute to figure out what was going one. My first thought was someone was selling Jeep parts, second was screen printing shirts, and after reading I figured out he can keep the bugs off of me.

I agree with the others. As much as I love Jeeps and offroad vehicles I think the Jeep needs to go. If he insists on having the Jeep on the card put it on the rear of the card. You can reduce the opacity to make it easier to write on the rear.

Dan

GypsyGraphics

A couple of basic thoughts on the layout.

1. If he insist on having his jeep & trailer on the card, at the very least... mask out that background!

2. There's no break for the eye anywhere, no place to clearly place your info... White Space PLEASE!

3. My eye doesn't like the perspective on the jeep/trailer, so if he's going to re-shoot the photo maybe try an angle more like the attached. And when you place the jeep on the page have it moving into the frame, leaving air in front.

4. Maybe incorporate a partial screen background (PSD pattern overlay).

and... as mentioned above...Start with the logo!!!!
ScreenMaster.jpg

Last edited:

Pat Whatley

He's your dad, it's real easy:

You: Dad, I'm not putting the Jeep on there. It will look ridiculous plus it's a CJ-5 so it's double ridiculous.

Him: Well I want it on there.

You: Cool, let me know who you find to do it for you.

At which point he'll let you do what you want or he'll bug somebody else about it. It's a win-win for you.

HeavyHitter

He's your dad, it's real easy:

You: Dad, I'm not putting the Jeep on there. It will look ridiculous plus it's a CJ-5 so it's double ridiculous.

Him: Well I want it on there.

You: Cool, let me know who you find to do it for you.

At which point he'll let you do what you want or he'll bug somebody else about it. It's a win-win for you.

You are right... CJ-5's bring the suck.... :biggrin: