• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Cards?

I'm looking for some recommendations on where to go to get some business cards made, preferably a fellow member on here if anybody can do what I'm looking for. I may be asking for too much, but I feel like a business card is a direct representation of your business. The card should be dark red front and back, with printed black and white, and gold foil.

business card front.jpg business card back.jpg

I actually looked into setting up a website last night. I'm just trying to decide if the cost and maintenance is worth it right now. My Facebook page has been a great advertising tool.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Worst case, point the domain to your Facebook page. Then you could set up a professional looking email. 1and1 gives you free starter website hosting(5pages) and 1 free email when you purchase a domain. Only $7.99/year right now.

vid

I'm looking for some recommendations on where to go to get some business cards made, preferably a fellow member on here if anybody can do what I'm looking for. I may be asking for too much, but I feel like a business card is a direct representation of your business. The card should be dark red front and back, with printed black and white, and gold foil.

per your specs, that's tough art.

...not that it can't be done but you're putting a whole lotta faith in the accuracy of in multiple pieces of equipment. Foil stamp --- I'd suggest two foils, a run of black ink through the press, and four accurately cut edges. It'd be an awesome print piece, though. (Personally, I tend to set up art with a little more slop.)

The things that I would flag as potential production issues (read: +PITA fees)

• The decorative edge treatment is too close to the edge of the card. The stack of paper "floats" in the guillotine cutter and may not accurately cut the cards dead center. The result may show a noticeable difference in the spacing of the edge from side to side, top to bottom, or both.
  • The density of white ink on red stock may not be enough to keep it from picking up a pink tone. That's where I would suggest a second white foil.

Here's a google image search for Letterpress gold foil cards… it'd also be awesome to do gold edges as some of the images show.

However, a more budget conscious approach would be to print CYMK with a foil like 4over offers to the trade with its Akuafoil product. It's a 5 over "x" product meaning that it lays down a silver foil as a spot color where you specify, and then prints the four process colors of your layout --- over and around that.

With your card, you would keep it pretty much as is. The yellow of "Sellers" and your name would print over the silver foil and appear to be gold.

From the sample card I've got, it looks like the CYMK equivalent to PMS 116 offers a nice yellow gold when printed over the silver foil.

I'd also suggest losing the decorative border. Either that or moving in so that if the cut is off, it's not as noticeable.

If you were paying me to be your aesthetic director, I'd love to see the letterpress, multiple foil, on a super thick stock card with gold edges on a fold-over card*.
*The fold-over card would kinda look like an A-frame sign you could set on your customer's desk when you're pitching him some purveyed sign of distinguished craftsmanship.​

If you were paying me to be your accountant, I'd go for plan B with revisions. I might let you still do the fold-over card because I like that idea. But that comes with a caveat. Get them printed with out the score, then take them to a letterpress shop and have them scored with a rule instead of a roller. (see the FAQ at 4over: why is there cracking on my scoring job? A letterpress score limits that)

Then too, I'd lose the filigree and replace it with a yellow/gold foil bleed along the edge. That would give it some shimmer and reference the gold edge cards from the google image search earlier in the post.

That's my .o2

Attachments

• 101Sellers.jpg
    101Sellers.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 111

danicastrong

Business card is a critical marketing tool for any business type. They contain business information about you and your corporation. A Business Card gives the basic information of your business to your potential customers in a simple and compact way. In addition, you can market your services and products by displaying information on the back side of your business card. Whether you require 100 business cards printed or 20,000, you’ll get the finest quality, better pricing and more choices here at Print Sage. Our business cards are made on top-of-the-line offset and digital presses. We are certain that you would appreciate our incredible online Business Cards printing services in such minimal rates for your business cards. - See more at:

Last edited by a moderator:

dale911

President
You can't possibly be serious that business cards are old news. It's one of the key items to hand someone when you meet them. If people aren't consistantly asking for your business card when you meet them, then they aren't interested in you.

Your card art is crap.

Passing out paper is high school, 1999.

seriously. . . . .

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Business card is a critical marketing tool for any business type. They contain business information about you and your corporation. A Business Card gives the basic information of your business to your potential customers in a simple and compact way. In addition, you can market your services and products by displaying information on the back side of your business card. Whether you require 100 business cards printed or 20,000, you’ll get the finest quality, better pricing and more choices here at Print Sage. Our business cards are made on top-of-the-line offset and digital presses. We are certain that you would appreciate our incredible online Business Cards printing services in such minimal rates for your business cards. - See more at: "I'm not a merchant member but I'm spamming my wares anyways"

:rolleyes: Very nice - you have full retail prices (and somewhat high in my opinion), sell directly to the public, and spam a referral link as your first and only post here.

These are amusing....

https://www.google.com/#filter=0&q=danicastrong+printsage

The same spam post from the same username on other forums. Most have been deleted by the forum admins already...

TheSnowman

I thought something looked fishy about that post. And seriously...did the search function break again? This topic is beat to BEYOND DEATH on a weekly basis.

Trip59

per your specs, that's tough art.

...not that it can't be done but you're putting a whole lotta faith in the accuracy of in multiple pieces of equipment. Foil stamp --- I'd suggest two foils, a run of black ink through the press, and four accurately cut edges. It'd be an awesome print piece, though. (Personally, I tend to set up art with a little more slop.)

The things that I would flag as potential production issues (read: +PITA fees)

• The decorative edge treatment is too close to the edge of the card. The stack of paper "floats" in the guillotine cutter and may not accurately cut the cards dead center. The result may show a noticeable difference in the spacing of the edge from side to side, top to bottom, or both.
  • The density of white ink on red stock may not be enough to keep it from picking up a pink tone. That's where I would suggest a second white foil.

Here's a google image search for Letterpress gold foil cards… it'd also be awesome to do gold edges as some of the images show.

However, a more budget conscious approach would be to print CYMK with a foil like 4over offers to the trade with its Akuafoil product. It's a 5 over "x" product meaning that it lays down a silver foil as a spot color where you specify, and then prints the four process colors of your layout --- over and around that.

With your card, you would keep it pretty much as is. The yellow of "Sellers" and your name would print over the silver foil and appear to be gold.

From the sample card I've got, it looks like the CYMK equivalent to PMS 116 offers a nice yellow gold when printed over the silver foil.

I'd also suggest losing the decorative border. Either that or moving in so that if the cut is off, it's not as noticeable.

If you were paying me to be your aesthetic director, I'd love to see the letterpress, multiple foil, on a super thick stock card with gold edges on a fold-over card*.
*The fold-over card would kinda look like an A-frame sign you could set on your customer's desk when you're pitching him some purveyed sign of distinguished craftsmanship.​

If you were paying me to be your accountant, I'd go for plan B with revisions. I might let you still do the fold-over card because I like that idea. But that comes with a caveat. Get them printed with out the score, then take them to a letterpress shop and have them scored with a rule instead of a roller. (see the FAQ at 4over: why is there cracking on my scoring job? A letterpress score limits that)

Then too, I'd lose the filigree and replace it with a yellow/gold foil bleed along the edge. That would give it some shimmer and reference the gold edge cards from the google image search earlier in the post.

That's my .o2

Just had a 5k order come in for a client two weeks ago, used 4over's Akuafoil, but was a little worried on accuracy as they state 12pt Times should be the smallest lines on the design. Well, one of the typefaces used consisted of fine lines as shading, letter height less than 3/4" and I did it in matte with Akuafoil and spot UV for extra 'pop' (this was part of a large order, cards, gold foil on black banner, gold foil on black shirts, etc.) and I was a bit worried about the color, we went with Pantone 116C and Akuafoil had it turn out in a nice gold that worked well with the 352 Oracal on the banner, similar hue. The lines came out great, though if you bring a loupe to it, you can see just the slightest offset (not really visible to the naked eye) and the thinnest lines are maybe 1/32", though you can put a very fine stroke on the foil or UV mask files, I didn't, and didn't bother with a gutter either. We probably order cards in the 6 figure range, volume-wise, from them each year for us and clients/customers and I've yet to be disappointed. I can't speak as to the gold screened foil, this guy didn't want to spring for the cost, but that would get you a really shiny gold, the Akuafoil looks more like an Oracal 951 gold metallic in finish, but it does look good if you don't need a mirror-shiny gold, and at half the cost.

Supergirl

Worst case, point the domain to your Facebook page. Then you could set up a professional looking email. 1and1 gives you free starter website hosting(5pages) and 1 free email when you purchase a domain. Only $7.99/year right now.

+1

nothing worse than having a reputable business with an xxx@yahoo or gmail .com

You have a great card, but a horrible email :)

you can still keep your gmail and have your business domain email forwarded there. like HDVinyl said, buy a domain for $10 a month, email is mostly free. it is at least with godaddy for one email.

info@sellers.......

get rid of gmail on your BUSINESS card!!

good luck.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I have not really thought a business must suck for using a free gmail/yahoo/whatever email address but I have always thought its pretty unprofessional. I mean cmon' a domain name costs very little, there are tons of cheap hosting options, and my 9 year old niece can make a simple web page (not a very professional looking one mind you).

Inkspit Designs

That's exactly what I did. Bought the domain and have the email forwarding to gmail. I just ordered business cards from overnightprints.com. I've hear good things about them. I got a spot uv effect on my cards for free.