• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Interruption Insurance

equippaint

Does anyone have business interruption insurance? I was trying to get an idea of cost and if it usually runs as a part of your property or GL policy.

ProPDF

Does anyone have business interruption insurance? I was trying to get an idea of cost and if it usually runs as a part of your property or GL policy.

We don't but it's a good idea. Be careful though as we had a location on the coast and tried to change our policy a week before a hurricane was coming and the insurance company refused to do anything until after it hit. Our change was not to try and safeguard us against a storm but just larger coverage increase do to new equipment arriving.

AF

We have it as part of our GL policy and it has paid for itself due to recent disasters. Be prepared to open your books to your insurance adjuster should the occasion arise where you need it. Also be prepared with plenty of lube as the adjuster will certainly bend you over and dry ram you on coverage exclusions. Yes, I am still sore.

Megagrafix

President
Yes, I had it and when I went to file a claim I realized how much work and effort and detail I had to provide I gave up and figured it wasn’t worth the time I had to spend on the claim. I believe that it is only for a catastrophic event not your day to day issues.

equippaint

Yes, I had it and when I went to file a claim I realized how much work and effort and detail I had to provide I gave up and figured it wasn’t worth the time I had to spend on the claim. I believe that it is only for a catastrophic event not your day to day issues.
Thanks. I was curious about it just for a long term disruption that would be hard or undesirable to ride out like a fire or hurricane. A customer of ours had their building burn down and it took them over 2 years to get it rebuilt by the time they got through with all of the red tape. Same building, same footprint but codes changed and had to redo it all from ground up, footings, slab and all. They wont let you just fix things anymore.