• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business & Marketing Plan...Do you have one?

I have a:

• Written Business Plan & Written Marketing Plan

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • Written Business Plan Only

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • Written Marketing Plan Only

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Business Plan scribbled on multiple scraps of note paper

Votes: 20 18.3%
  • Marketing Plan scribbled on multiple scraps of note paper

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • A Business What?

Votes: 48 44.0%
  • A Marketing What?

Votes: 32 29.4%

• Total voters

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Networking sends chills down my spine, if it works for others great. I think its another big old crock of a suit orgy and business card swap party where no one wakes up the next morning and remembers who they spoke to.

I try not to waste my time in large heards of other humans that think these networks are working. All the backslapping, fake laughing...its all BS to me. I dont care for pandering to others for work. I do realize there are groups and they do work off each other and I'm glad that works for them. I have attended these groups in the past when I was "trying to find myself" it was nothing short of dissappointment and time wasted.

Ive since been invited to more and always decline. After I decline I am told I will never move forward in life with that attitude. These are same people that flock from crowd to crowd and cant find a good set of folks to be with.

Like all marketing resources, time is a precious commodity that needs to be allocated judiciously. You're correct about many "structured" networking opportunities...they're nothing but fruitless socialization unless you have some sort of plan beforehand.

I always try to take a portfolio with me and let the photos do much of the talking. It's easier to engage potential clients, and sort out the tire kickers.

Sometimes, however, it's those tire kickers that turn out to be profitable customers...perhaps even years later.

I typically prefer cold calls (with portfolio in hand) but networking is also a vital part of business that can compound your marketing efforts.

JB

jkdbjj

These are same people that flock from crowd to crowd and cant find a good set of folks to be with.
Yep!

Although some people are just cut from that cloth, they love to stick their nose up new bung holes, and love the reach around as well.

For me, it just depends on how much money I want, I mean I can do all these fancy things, never see my wife or kids, and simply network x10. I personally know a guy in town that does that, but I hear he is getting a divorce, his kids hate him, and so forth, but I guess profits are good.

Priorities I guess.