• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business valuation

reQ

Would you provide us with the info where is that flea market sign place? Maybe we can go visit?

Andy D

1) If you had a "special" relationship with flea market... once u sold it for 250k (if your not bsin me) then what happens?
2) What idea? Buy the cutter and mass produce decals? Follow new topics that pop up here, you will be surprised
3) Special design? That i will no even comment

Overall i am 99% you tell us lies here or person who bought 3k cutter & spot on flea market for 250k is a complete retard.

Wow reQ, you really a way with people huh? I'm guessing you read "How to Win Friends & Influence People" for tips on all the things you should avoid doing,
after all, who wants to be a likable person.

Silvertip, it seems this thread went down the sh*t tube quicker than normal, I hope you got some useful info.

reQ

Wow reQ, you really a way with people huh? I'm guessing you read "How to Win Friends & Influence People" for tips on all the things you should avoid doing,
after all, who wants to be a likable person.

Silvertip, it seems this thread went down the sh*t tube quicker than normal, I hope you got some useful info.

I don't know how about you, but i hate when people are lying right in my face. I don't care if people like that like me or not lol

P.S. All my customer base like me a lot btw ;)

Andy D

I don't know how about you, but i hate when people are lying right in my face. I don't care if people like that like me or not lol

No, I really couldn't care less if someone I never met makes "true/false/or something in-between" statement about something that doesn't affect me.
but... we're all different and that's a good thing, sorry if I offended you, have a blessed night.

inkfrog

I don't think it matters if the poster, in your opinion, was lying or not. The basic principle of the important issue is the same, a business can be worth much more than its asset value.

Someone is buying a business, one of the measures of success for most businesses is based on how much free cash it generates, if one business for example makes $50,000 pre tax with 1000 worth of machinery than a business which makes $10,000 and has 20,000 of machinery, then to me the business which makes more cash is worth more money. I want a business that generates cash. The machinery is just a means to generate that cash.

Just as a footnote, I know of a business which consisted of a 14 ft sandwich and hot drinks trailer parked at the side of a small bridge out in the middle of nowhere, which sold 8 years ago for $287,000. The trailer and equipment maybe worth $20,000.

Incredible instances as described by Davidford7 do happen, If its a fairy story fabricated by the poster to increase the size of his man hood, well its a forum, sometimes it happens it doesn't make a jot of difference to me.

ams

Talk to a business broker. (My dad is one) You take your gross sales, DCF, equipment value and customer base to figure out a good asking price for the business.

inkfrog

Take this for what it's worth, ignore it if you will, none of this is personal just my observation:

You don't own a business, you own a job. Your husband's talent is what you are selling....if he's out of the picture there is no product left to sell. There's no production system in place that you can just plug anyone into, there are no employees who are doing the actual work that a new owner can rely on, there's nothing but a building and some used equipment. Client lists? Practically worthless. Art files? Nada.

OP I noticed from your reply to this post that you weren't too impressed with its contents. It is however an extremely valid point and one which IMO you should take extremely seriously. If you are unable to continue producing profitable product without your husband's input your main concern should be taking steps to carry on full production without him.

What you do to achieve that is the crucial factor, unless you can continue to run and produce profitable work your business will decrease in value and unfortunately the scenario quoted above may apply.

I sincerely hope you can work through this unfortunate circumstance.

Davidford7

I can state with a great amount of certainty that you would not know if someone was lying to your face.

Just to give you a little insight, I'm not sure why I need to, but this particular flea market has a weekend attendance, on a regular bases, of over 120,000 people in 2 days. With a great crew we could produce over $6,000 in car club decals, pee guys, magnetics and banners. We stocked over 1,000 different pre-cut decals on the shelf. There is no need for me to lie to you are anyone one else. The purpose of the information was hopefully to show the OP that their bushiness is worth more than just the equipment value or customer list.

reQ I hope you grow and learn that just because you can not comprehend something it does not make it a lie.

and the name is DavidFord not DavidFrost,

reQ

I can state with a great amount of certainty that you would not know if someone was lying to your face.

Just to give you a little insight, I'm not sure why I need to, but this particular flea market has a weekend attendance, on a regular bases, of over 120,000 people in 2 days. With a great crew we could produce over $6,000 in car club decals, pee guys, magnetics and banners. We stocked over 1,000 different pre-cut decals on the shelf. There is no need for me to lie to you are anyone one else. The purpose of the information was hopefully to show the OP that their bushiness is worth more than just the equipment value or customer list.

reQ I hope you grow and learn that just because you can not comprehend something it does not make it a lie.

and the name is DavidFord not DavidFrost,

And all of it done with only 3k plotter? No bottleneck in production?

I agree on one thing - its pointless to continue to argue, all of us will just keep their own opinion & it might be for its best.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
And all of it done with only 3k plotter? No bottleneck in production?

I agree on one thing - its pointless to continue to argue, all of us will just keep their own opinion & it might be for its best.

Not me.................:snarky