• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Busy December?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Busy multiple fronts, we tried to slow down this month but our clients had other ideas. We are having our best December ever in 10 years.

On top of buying new pieces of equipment, 2020 is going to be awesome. We are so excited to start running our Colorado 1650, Multicam Celero 7, Epilog Fusion Pro 48, and hopefully a Vanguard VK300D-HS. We are ready to test the limits of these machines.

HulkSmash

Busy multiple fronts, we tried to slow down this month but our clients had other ideas. We are having our best December ever in 10 years.

On top of buying new pieces of equipment, 2020 is going to be awesome. We are so excited to start running our Colorado 1650, Multicam Celero 7, Epilog Fusion Pro 48, and hopefully a Vanguard VK300D-HS. We are ready to test the limits of these machines.

i have multicam banging down my door weekly to buy the Celero 7, almost pulled the trigger last October, but their software was extremely lacking. We're beginning to see weaknesses of our F1612, so we will be upgrading soon

Christian @ 2CT Media

i have multicam banging down my door weekly to buy the Celero 7, almost pulled the trigger last October, but their software was extremely lacking. We're beginning to see weaknesses of our F1612, so we will be upgrading soon
What didn't you like about the software? I know you don't use onyx but their joint venture software upgrade looks to be super fast and efficient and it links directly to coreo.
We chose the Multicam simply because it is so automated with tool and router bit changers, has a ton of safety features, and the most intriguing is they showed us that it can cut wrap panels out continuously at 7200ipm! That speed is almost 3x faster than the peak speed of the Fastest Zund or Esko.

We should be live with our Multicam at either the end of Jan or early Feb. We are the first to order one in AZ so we are pushing for fast delivery ASAP. The Multicam guys are awesome, they will even help you design custom tools for your processes, custom blades, and they have a roadmap of upgrades coming so this machine won't be stagnant.

Once it is live and we have time on it, you are welcome to our shop to see how it works for us, I know you process a lot of vehicle graphics and that's what we are doing too.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We're beginning to see weaknesses of our F1612, so we will be upgrading soon
Hey Adam, sorry to jump in here but just curious what weaknesses you're running into with your Summa? Just can't keep up with your demand or just not what you expected?
Glad to hear you're keeping busy.
Cheers,
Pat

HulkSmash

Hey Adam, sorry to jump in here but just curious what weaknesses you're running into with your Summa? Just can't keep up with your demand or just not what you expected?
Glad to hear you're keeping busy.
Cheers,
Pat

its just SUPER entry level. Honestly for the price it's fantastic. But the software breaks a lot. Airmark are good guys and help as much as they can, but there's so much "let me check with summa" and sometimes weeks for summa to respond with results. Not really the best setup for a high production shop. But for the money it is a bang up machine.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Incredibly busy here as well. We just received a huge banner order from a Nigerian prince. He even wants to pay in full with a credit card. Doesn't want to talk over the phone but that's ok, I don't like talking on the phone either. Win Win!
Jokes aside...Yeah, it's a pretty busy end of the year. I don't blame Trump but I wouldn't give him credit either. End of the year under the Obama terms didn't suck either.

Christian @ 2CT Media

The president has about 0.000000001% of an actual impact in our daily lives...
Not really true any more... Not saying that the position has direct influence, but whoever is in office creates political issues now that affect our daily lives and in someways our businesses. The policies they push can create issues for ourselves and our employees, social media helps to amplify and spread that faster.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Staying busy here, busier than last December and I have quite a few jobs going into the new year. Not a lot of rush jobs that need to be done before Christmas. If I stay on track this week I will be able to take a couple days off next week without worry. January will be my slowest month. I want to get my online business up and running and also work on end of the year books so I can get my taxes finished up. I'll definitely take advantage of the slower month ahead!

Reveal1

Ain't that the truth? Strangely - this year with the exception of March/April has been phenomenal. Partially all that covid signage May/June, but even the 'normal' stuff seems to be getting stronger. Amazing that even a few new restaurants opening in our area.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Agreed. We’re starting to quieten down now (hopefully short term!) but we’d already doubled last years takings in the first three months of covid. All I can say is we’ve given the Colorado a beating!

OhioSigns

I was closed for reasons other than Covid. Had a kidney removed at the beginning of March and as soon as I got out of the hospital things were closing up.... Kind of worked out for me because everybody was closed and I was stuck at home recovering. I was back to work before I should have been and been running at like 150% to try keeping caught up since May. We've already surpassed 2019 in sales despite being closed for 2 months and still have 2+ months left in the year. 2020 has been a crazy year.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
We hit a short slow patch and then we were really busy. It seems to be quieting down again for us. I was honestly looking forward to a little slowdown... until it actually came. I did like the idea of weekends off and going home at 5 though.

Stacey K

I like making signs
My phone didn't ring for 2 weeks back in March/April. Mid-April - BAM...nonstop since, late nights, almost every Saturday. I surpassed sales from 2019 a couple months ago already.

The service type businesses in my area are reporting the same, 3 week wait to service a home oven, been waiting a month for a piece of glass to get cut. I just sent out $3,600 in hoodies and tshirts to a little corner bar, and similar orders to other restaurants and bars.