• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Buy used Equipment ?

daperna

Hi everyone, I´m looking for a web site or store wich sell used equipment (plotter, vinyl cutter) I don´t have any brand preferences.
Thanks in advance.

ikarasu

Ask your suppliers for demo equipment... Or check Craigslist. I don't think I'd ever buy used though... Unless it was from a reputable shop, who are just upgrading.

Generally people want to sell their machines because they dont work as good, or because they're getting out of the business... Which is an indicator that it likely wasn't/isn't handled properly anymore, since they don't care about it.

Natalia21

If you got some equipment's from them who are going to go out of business then you can get some useful staffs. Otherwise most sell faulty equipment. You can try Amazon or Ebay. If you have luck you can find some new with discount :)

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
It is a gamble as mentioned but if you are extremely technically inclined, know where to find parts, and are willing to put in the effort you can save massive amounts of money. I've bought used machines a couple of times and for truly incredible prices. As long as the machine was not improperly strapped down to transport it and nothing is twisted or bent then you can get one going. If improperly strapped down, like across the middle of the machine or the machine has been dropped or in some way mishandled that the frame or chassis could be warped or bent, there is no fixing that. It might not even be obvious but you will never, ever, get it to print quite right. Best case is it will be obvious and things will bind up as it tried to move. I say best because you will have saved a ton of time and money trying to fix it. If the chassis damage is not obvious you can spend literally thousands and thousands of dollars on new heads, tubing, dampers, pumps, etc only to find that no matter what you cannot get it aligned right and while it prints, it will be blurry and look terrible.

That being said the most common issue will be the heads are clogged from sitting. That in itself can sometimes be cleared up with a LOT of patience and effort. Or you might have to buy new heads and some other bits like dampers. I've gotten lucky once. Bank repossessed machines. Got a Mimaki JV33-160 and a Summa S-160T cutter. Paid a whopping $7500 for both about 7 years ago. Both still run great even today. Literally did not have to replace a single part on either one. Took about a week of cleanings and soakings to get the head back 100%. At the time, new, those two machines were a $22000 value. Yeah - I made out like a bandit but it was a very big gamble. I had no idea who moved them and how they were handled. I did find out that they had only been repossessed only two weeks prior to my buying them though and they both looked new and clean as a whistle. I'm also an extremely technically inclined person as well so I was not too worried.

For most people I'd say its not worth the risk unless you are buying from a shop that can demo the machine running or you are buying from a dealer who took it on trade or its a demo and guarantees it in good working order. Anything else and you are potentially gambling with some pretty big money.

Ken M. Klein

Hi everyone, I´m looking for a web site or store wich sell used equipment (plotter, vinyl cutter) I don´t have any brand preferences.
Thanks in advance.
I have Gerber equipment in excellent condition. In my opinion, these items would be ideally suited to a new start-up sign business. In addition to the attached listing, I have a like new H-4 panel saw with many desirable options and a variety of substrates and misc. vinyl rolls.

Attachments

• Sign Equipment Ad161205.pdf
    190.4 KB · Views: 181

billsines

Be careful who you have handle large machines...I've had a few brand new ones show up damaged, and have heard really bad stories from others.

Either go get it yourself or have a private contractor do it where your machine is the only one on his rig. I've done that before too.

jwatpcg

Thanks in advance.
Thanks in advance.
There is a classified listing on this site for used equipment. Merchant Classifieds • For Sale
Just so happens I am selling a 2 yr old EFI 1625. Hybrid, can print board and roll2roll. Still running it and can demo. We are upgrading to a new bigger printer. 973-472-7007x424

NamPhantasm

Thanks in advance.

Where are you located at? That will probably help. Maybe someone local has something to sell you.

There is nothing wrong with buying an Used Equipment, as long as you can see the printer yourself to make sure everything works like it's suppose to. Think of it as if you are buying a Used Car ... I would definitely want to inspect it, and test drive it to find any problems before paying a big pile of cash for it, since there is no return or refund once you get home. :)