• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buyers Remorse 2011

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Just wondering if anyone bought anything in 2011 that they regretted after doing so? Software that did not live up to the hype? Hardware?

Let's limit this to business, not personal items:rolleyes:

My only regret was an Apple Airport Extreme base Station. I was hoping that I could use it to allow me to backup both my laptop and desktop to 1 drive but as it turns out it would not work with with my usb hard drive so I returned it and went back to my reliable Netgear router. I have a separate USB hard drive for each machine for Time Machine backups

Thankfully I was able to return it

tcorn1965

Yes a custom server that I cannot use without buying a Raid controller card, as the on board RAID is buggy with all Linux distro's I have tried.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
air compressor from harbor freight ... can't complain since I got it for $20 ... not really able to do much is all.

that is it. i am having buyers remorse on NOT picking up a latex printer though.

J

john1

3M 8509 "laminate"

That's really the only things i have bought and have issues with.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
3M 8509 "laminate"

That's really the only things i have bought and have issues with.

Yeah John....I'll go along with you there. We had a bad roll of that crap too. have to reprint some samples for a client now...:doh: What ya gonna do.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Yes a custom server that I cannot use without buying a Raid controller card, as the on board RAID is buggy with all Linux distro's I have tried.

I've been told never to trust an onboard RAID.

Fix your server with this -- 3ware and LSI hardware RAID cards.

Here's a page showing their OS support

Most, if not all, modern Linux kernels have built-in support for 3ware/LSI cards and do not need drivers. They are painless to set up and trouble-free performers. We have a 3ware card in our server.

SlightlyChilled

the printer rule goes hand and hand with tvs. What ever size you think is right go the next size up. in the long run you will be happy.

Mosh

A slot cutter. I am looking to punch slotted holes in .040 blanks and the one I got broke in the first day (accu-cut) Anyone have a good idea?

CentralSigns

4 rolls of Sign Supplies USA/Proveer, Perform Plus Premask. I screwed up 2 big jobs with it. They admitted to having a faulty product but will not stand behind at all. Similar to the big A. Cost me a couple grand in lost material, that's including what it was applied to, plus a hole bunch of lost time, big headaches and that's a lot for a small sized business to absorb. Lucky the customers were ok with the lost time and setbacks. Spray Rapid Tac on it and it turns to mush. Designed for wet installations but the glue separates from the paper backing. We will never trust them again as a supplier of premask or vinyl. Still got a roll, I use for fire starter.

tcorn1965

I've been told never to trust an onboard RAID.

Fix your server with this -- 3ware and LSI hardware RAID cards.

Here's a page showing their OS support

Most, if not all, modern Linux kernels have built-in support for 3ware/LSI cards and do not need drivers. They are painless to set up and trouble-free performers. We have a 3ware card in our server.

Thanks Goat,
I purchased the 3ware card...That and promise were recommended with 3ware being the winner.

Terry

artbot

wacom intuos 4 extra large... what could be better than giganitic! actually, something that will fit on your desk.