• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buying a Flexo and UV flatbed printer. Always outsourced before. Advice appreciated

Tom656

Currently, I live in China and have been outsourcing my printing and packaging to some local printers here. I am scaling up my business and would like to own the printing process. Since I am in China I am able to go directly to the factories that make any printer I can find on Alibaba. I have been to a few trade shows as well. I am not certain how the brands I can buy here rate to the stuff people are buying in the US. I imagine like most things they are high quality knock offs. All of them come with 1 year warranties and since I am close by, it isn't too expensive for them to send someone out if there is a problem. From my conversations with manufacturers here, I am budgeting about 50,000 USD total for printing equipment.

I need a flatbed UV printer. I am somewhat familiar with them now that I have outsourced for the last 6 months. The only thing I don't know much about are my ink options. I prefer to have less odor and less toxicity at the sake of print quality and print deterioration.

Something I figured out recently is I may need to buy a machine to print my own packaging. My customers all want unique packaging and they order small batches (under 5,000 small prints) so I am having trouble getting my package roll company to accommodate this. They would need to change the plates every 5,000 prints and its not worth it to them, even if I am paying for 2 tons of material in advance. So now I am looking at buying a 4 color Flexo printer and printing and switching plates in house. This possible solution just came up so I haven't thought it through on what I am getting myself into.

My printable surface and packaging are all the same size. I don't need to do any size adjustments. I have no experience printing myself. I am trying to get a local consultant to help get me started with the maintenance and set up, but from there I'm on my own if something comes up.

Any advice is appreciated.

Tom656

Now that I think about it. Buying a flexo printer and dealing with plates might not be the best way to go. I only need 10,000 packages 12"x12" per day. There must be a digital option for such small amounts. Some sort of UV, sublimation, or inkjet that can print on plastic packaging on a roll. Any ideas?

dakandao1111

can print with HP Indigo

Hi!
your job is suitable for HP Indigo machine to print and I am also in China can help to check with the detailed information.
I can contact with you to see how to do it.
thanks.