• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buying a L26500 or L28500 and RIP.

dusten

I am thinking to buy a HP designjet L26500 or L28500 Printer.
What does the printers cost?
I have a Xenon 3.2 meter (126 inch) wide eco solvent printer that I intend to trade-in.

Which of the following RIP do you recommend for the HP printer?
Do day I have a SAi PhotoPrint DX 10.5 RIP software that I can upgrade to run the HP on, but has received offers at Caldera special editions V9 Visual RIP+ and the colorGATE PS7 HP Designjet L26x00 Edition.

Thanks in advance,

Mikael.

dusten

Hi again.
I got no answer, but have now bought a L26500 and get it tomorrow, Friday, and it will be installed on Tuesday.
Chosed colorGATE rip, because I wanted to run in windows 7.

/Mikael.

dypinc

With the media clips and the onboard spectro on the L26500, let us know how you find profiling with Colorgate using the onboard spectro.

The biggest problem I had with that combination on the L25500 was the media start point and curling enough to get caught on the printhead carriage.

dusten

I will return when I started to use the printer and the colorGATE.
The supplier I bought the printer from, is specialized in printing and technology. It is included in the purchase that they will help with everything from profiles, materials to settings in the printer and the color gate duiring the first year.