• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buying a Laminator in 2 Days. Which one?

ozlandJon

We have a new VS-540, but found quickly we need a laminator due to large pieces we're running.

So we've been doing research and it's came down to 2.. Suggestions Welcome.

SEAL 54 EL
Gfp 400

From talking to a sales rep he claims having a top heated roller will cut down waste by 10% as opposed to non heated.

I value everyone's opinions and suggestions.

Jonathan

petesign

I have a Royal Sovereign, love it. Wish I didnt have to waste a few feet of laminate every time I run laminate by using a sled, but that's my only complaint.

CheapVehicleWrap

Personally unfamiliar with both models. Most wouldn't need the heat assist.

Rushing a decision such as which laminator you'll be dealing with for years in just 2 days just doesn't seem right to me. You wouldn't meet a woman this weekend and run off to Vegas to get married would you?

RogueRoller

For the units you have posted I would say the Seal
If this is all you plan to do on it it will make you very happy.
Good Luck.

Sticky Signs

I'd go with the Seal in a heart beat although I don't really think heat assist is necessary.
You may want to check out Royal Sovereign. Good machines at a decent price.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We have a Royal Soverign with heat assist...its been fantastic for the years we have had it. Seems to be going in and out of adjustment as it gets older and used more and more now.

Do not cheap out on laminator it will be an asset that will be with you for many years. Unlike a printer this machine will not be dated ..
Buy an AGL Encore...

Anything else than AGL or old school Orcas from Gbc are junk!,,

Plastic crap is waste of$$

jkdbjj

Do not cheap out on laminator it will be an asset that will be with you for many years. Unlike a printer this machine will not be dated ..
Buy an AGL Encore...

Anything else than AGL or old school Orcas from Gbc are junk!,,
Common, little over dramatic there don't you think? Seal is perfectly fine.

AllSquare Jason

Congrats on a bad *** printer.

GFP
RS
Base
EL

In order of value/quality in my opinion and I sell all 3 brands. Base is super nice, but the GFP & RS have similar features for thousands less. If money is no issue go Base is your winner.

Whatcha get?