• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buying a Laminator in 2 Days. Which one?

D3G

Laminator

Jonathan,

I'll probably get blasted for saying this but the US Tech units work great. No frills basic laminator. I can laminate 150 feet with no problems. We have an old Roland SP540 and we laminate everything we print. Great product for the price.

Rich

ProColorGraphics

Jonathan,

I'll probably get blasted for saying this but the US Tech units work great. No frills basic laminator. I can laminate 150 feet with no problems. We have an old Roland SP540 and we laminate everything we print. Great product for the price.

Rich

I second this! I am actually about to pull the trigger on a new heated one.

KevSign

US tech great too, we got heated machine help when crystal laminate. We are about get one more for partner location with other offset print shop.

J

john1

Used a Daige cold laminator the other day for the first time at another shop, I picked right up on it and laminated 9' of material no problem. It's dummy proof pretty much.

This laminator i think was at least 5 years old and working great still.

fillupc

I have a US Tech with heat assist and roll to roll due in tomorrow. Hopefully, a good review will be following soon!

10sacer

What Mike said... AGL, then Seal then, maybe, RS.

What is your proposed monthly throughput with it? That may make your decision for you.

fillupc

Just finished uncrating my new US Tech laminator and setting it up. First attempt, ran about 60' through it without any problems. I'm impressed, especially for the price!

Phillip

ozlandJon

Ok, I'm at ISA and I'm liking the AGL compadre. It has alot of features plus you can get it minus the stupid Zune and speakers, haha. It can do lamination
And adhesive at the same time. Good stuff.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I was at ISA and looked at the Seal 62in model...nice pc of equipment. I have a local Seal dealer here as well in Diversified displays....reliable group of people there. I was thinking of the AGL 64 I....I dont think it was at the show. The GBC looked like a SMALL step above the RS that I have though. Still not sure......

Gary1

You don't need a sled. Place the film under the roller in up position, place vinyl thru, and clamp top roller onto graphic and start laminating.