• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

buying a sp540v

lbumbaca

before i do anything i should know about them. Any problems with them or should i go with vp540.

thanks leo

Chad.

I'd buy the VP for 2-yr warranty, faster output and other features.

listen to this guy ... i have the 540sp and its slower than sin, not to mention the extended warranty is $1,495 ... i was so mad when the VP came out at the same price i paid for mine less than a month later.

ChiknNutz

Chad, you can get more output if you willing to spend some money to do so. I get 64 SFPH @ 720x720, which is exactly 2x the speed posted by Roland. Still, it's no speed-demon that's for sure. I made a banner profile that yields about 160 SFPH, but the quality is marginal, but sellable for the right kind of job.

Chad.

Chad, you can get more output if you willing to spend some money to do so. I get 64 SFPH @ 720x720, which is exactly 2x the speed posted by Roland. Still, it's no speed-demon that's for sure. I made a banner profile that yields about 160 SFPH, but the quality is marginal, but sellable for the right kind of job.

Are you offering to sell me a profile ... or did i miss the way to speed it up :smile:

Columbia Signs

Chad, we have the SC 540 and it was SLOOOOW until the new recall pumps and firmware update were installed (free parts from Roland) and now it's real fast. Might be worth a call to Roland to see. Oh ya, they didn't tell me it would print any faster, but it was 4 to 5 times as fast once the work was done.

ChiknNutz

No, not offering to sell you a profile. I mean you'd need to buy a different RIP in order to maximize the speed of the machine.

D

dudeis

thats for the sp not the vp and only in there state next to 200 miles .

any one know were to get them shiped to you with whe warr ??? from any were.