• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buying second hand

pancarta.es

Hi

I have heard some nasty stories about the colorspan uvr/uvx so i have written that one off, even for a low price like 6500$
Instead i am now making a choice between a Seiko color paintor 100s or a Mutoh rockhopperII 90 inch.

The price for the seiko is 3000$ and the mutoh was only 1750$
The mutoh would be in need of some head replacement but i still find it a very reasonable price.

I currently own a mutoh vj 64 and i am happy with now since i have learned how to find replacement parts for a good price and do all tech myself.

I would really appreciate some feed back from both current and previous owners. Or suggestions for other machines, we have a all in all budget this year for about 15 000$

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

tbaker

the cp100s is a solid performer. Provided the heads are still firing well, this is a bargain. Be warned tho, this particular unit communicates via scsi ( double check, I think the newer units have USB) so that would be something you'd need to get fixed on your end if you decide to go with it.