• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

C45 / D42 contractor lic

NazGraphics

hello all
i am sure most of us has the C45 or D42 contractor lic here

:omg2:i want to get my state of california contractor D42 non electric sign installation license
any suggestions where i should start

thanks

visual800

Im trying to get mine now in alabama. I received the packet to apply for it opened the folder and upon glancing took it to the damn CPA. I have never seen something so complicated to fill out.

after she was done I submitted it and I got a call and said I filled out the wrong form LOLOL dumb ass state workers!

NazGraphics

Im trying to get mine now in alabama. I received the packet to apply for it opened the folder and upon glancing took it to the damn CPA. I have never seen something so complicated to fill out.

after she was done I submitted it and I got a call and said I filled out the wrong form LOLOL dumb ass state workers!

oh man the workers are there just to give us a hard time thats about it
keep me updated hope it works out

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
hey man you right most of us dont here in my city and surounding area have aleast 20 sign makers and on 2 got the C-45 lic

I know, when I was looking for a job, I interviewed at quite a few places, my specialty is architectural/environmental graphics and large scale sign jobs That usually requires a license. I asked each company if they had one, most did not, a few lied and said they did, when they didn't. They either bootlegged or handed the sign to the client to deal with permitting.

My area has a lot of sign shops, about 15% are licensed. If you look at how many Fastsigns and Sign-a-Rama's (and other franchises) very few have a license (or an active one)

Does that mean you should not be licensed?

You are missing out on work that requires a license. A customer does not have to pay you for a sign that requires a contractor's license. Then there is the fine and possible jail time. In the long run, it's best to have one unless all you do is vehicle graphics, promotional interior stuff, and small jobs under the limit that requires a license.