• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help CAD Design for P51 Mustang Replica

marianmadalin32

Hello. Sorry to disturb. My name is Marian Madalin, a male engineer from Bucharest, Romania. I want to build a P51 Mustang Replica for display, I have some sponsors here who help me with free materials and services. I want to use the drawings of mr. Marcel Jurca to do the parts and assembly, but the drawings are in PDF, and I want an assumed, responsible, serious volunteer CAD engineer to help me redraw the drawings from the PDF and put them into DXF files, so it can be easily cut on CNC from plywood, aluminium, steel etc… I have some progress on the frames and formers (pictures in private). The Mustang will be displayed for a new aviation museum project I am currently developing. The CAD engineer will be mentioned on the sponsor’s list on the project website.

Attachments

• IMG_20221031_200548.jpg
    IMG_20221031_200548.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 207
  • IMG_20221104_181930.jpg
    IMG_20221104_181930.jpg
    1,011.8 KB · Views: 117

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
The cad programs I work with can import pdf and convert them to a usable and editable format. If you are an engineer I feel this is an easy undertaking to do as you’re most likely trained in a cad program.

marianmadalin32

No, not a CAD designer here. And the PDFs are not in convertible format. Just copy scans. If you can help a brother in need, do it. Otherwise don't reply.

MikePro

welcome to the forum and appreciate your solicitation of free design work that does not pertain to the signage industry.

maybe the Canadian Museum of Flight can provide you with the files from their recently completed exhibit using Jurca's artwork?

damonCA21

Maybe try some amateur graphic design forums. It's not a hard job to redraw plans as vectors, but it takes a lot of time, so you are unlikely to find someone on here to do it for free :)

marianmadalin32

Does this help:
No, people! Jesus Christ! How ignorant can you be. This Mustang that I build is not a printed toy. Admin, please close the topic... Anyone who really wants to help, please send me a pm.

MikePro

I'm sure there's a reply to the same question you've posted in multiple threads.
Congrats, however, as your quora history shows your desire to be paid to travel the world and get donations for a museum over the past 6 years has really come-along.

...by now i'm certain you can afford a cad designer on fiverr to suit your needs

JBurton

Signtologist
i have already donated enough time, as have plenty on your quora history.
...or the pilot forums
...or the welding forums
...or the aircraft forums
...or the CADforums

interesting that you would come to a sign forum to inquire about aviation design, but I'm sure the word has gotten around that graphic designers love to do work for free.
Thanks for the links, the welding forum especially is a fun read, and seemed to be a foil of us here, though likely with more knowledgeable members.