• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cad-type welding?

tommythesignguy

Bogie, use the shaping tool and trim with it. I use it alot. If you have to, weld it all, then you can actually draw with the pencil where you want any portions cut away. combine allof your pencil lines then trim. break it back apart and delete any pieces unwanted. The trim tool can be set to discatd or keep any section that you need.

Air Art Girl

you can also use the shape tool then click on the line where you want it to be deleted and use the break node tool at each side then delete.

Bogie

Getting there - think it was a combo of dehydration and something. Wish they'd figure out what.

Bogie,
Select all the circles and group them. hit shift + page down to send them to the bottom of the layer.
Select the squares and group them together and hit shift + page up to bring it to the top.
Then click the text and shift + page up to bring that to the top.
Almost there...Click the text then hold shift and click the boxes then click the circles(while still holding shift). When all three are selected, click the trim tool and youre done.

Its important to click the text and the boxes before the circles. The circles are the "target" that gets cut.

Warren

Attachments

• Trim tool 2.jpg
    Trim tool 2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 103
  • trim tool 1.jpg
    trim tool 1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 88

BoogerB

Still having trouble with this? You might want to head over to advancedartist.com and check out some of his logo building tutorials. some good free videos, but I'd pay attention to the designing a logo one most of all.

Trim, front minus back, back minus front, etc, etc are all useful. Select one object and shift-select the other... and it does make a difference on which is selected first in some trim tools.

skunkplow

Hey Bogie,

I like you am familar with autocad, and the coorelation between it and corell gives me fits too.

Anyway, my question is:

"why can't autocad be used?" I assume you are making a vinyl graphic? What is so hard about incorporating autocad dwg. files to plotters? I mean before there were laser jets and such, people used pen plotter for their autocad drawing plots. About the only difference between a pen plotter and a vinyl cutter is that one uses and pen, while the other uses a blade...

Cadmn

Bogie If I remember correctly the GF & I both had the Ruen-Y surgery. it is VERY important to get your protien in & multivitamins & lots of liquids. I keep a big glass of Tea with me & usually go through a 1/2-3/4 gallon a day. good luck & hope she is well soon anything I can help with just pm me. Don't mean to be a :thread