• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CadLink PhotoScript

I recently bought out another persons screen printing set up, and starting using imediatly, well this week I was trying to get the Epson 3000 up and running (which I could not get to work correctly) when I came across CadLink Potoscript PSP and Dongle, BUT it is MAc and I am PC based, I called CadLink and first off they told me they would swap me over to PC for free and I thought SWEET!, but she needed to check with the tech department to see if my dongle would work with pc as well as Mac and she would call me back, well a couple days later I had not heard anything I called and talked to another lady and she told no to the free exchange but she would update me and swap me to the newest version for $300.
My question is what exactly is PhotoScript? What does it do? Should I go for it? I need a color seperation program and she tells me this will take care of that. I have looked at their website and I have a problem following what exactly it does.
I have Flexi 7.6 V2, CS2 and X3, would this compliment these programs? or is it aong the same lines?
Thanks for your help!
By the way they already switched the legal ownership of the program to me so that was not an issue.

GVP

We had a copy of Photoscript - it's one of Cadlink's rip programs. Found it too difficult to use and not very user friendly. Personally, I'd pass on spending the $300 - or at least try and get a trial copy first to see if it fits your needs. I would think your existing set of programs more than capable of color separating?

Pro Image

Flexi shoud have a rip for the 3000 built in...............My Inspire has it.........I would try that first to see if it will work.........JMO

gerald

I've never used Photoscript but It's my understanding that it is a RIP software. I don't think it does color seperation for screen printing. You probably need something like FastFilms. Check it out at http://screenprinters.net/

Hey Dustin we got the 3000 to work but I beleive the black print head is bad, will not print any black.
GVP they are sending us a trial version good for 30 days, figured we would try that also, but didn't know any of the ins and outs of CadLink and as far as I know my programs don't have the capabilities of color seperations, but I may be wrong and already have what I need.
Thanks for your input guys!
Vince

Hey Gerald I didn't really want to spend $1000 on programing that seems pretty limited from what I have seen but I have not looked at it real close. But it may be an option.
Thanks

Pro Image

Vinny there is also a free postscript program called Ghostscript...........I have downloaded it but never had the time to mess with it.......You can get a GUI program call Ghostview to make it look like a regular program......

http://www.ghostscript.com/

From what Ive read you have to save a postscript print file and open it into the viewer........then you can output halftone and such to a non-postscript printer........do a search on the website Gerald posted look for GHOSTSCRIPT..........You'll find a lot of info there.

gerald

If you are doing 4, 5 or 5 color stuff you'll almost have to have something. I posted that one because I have it and it's the only one I have any experience with. It's strictly a screen print color sep tool that is a plug in for Photoshop. Truth be known, if you are really good with Photoshop, you can do most of it without the plugin. But, you have to be really good with P/Shop. It basically auotomates Photshop functions. It does simplify the output to your rip.

Ron Helliar

Vinny,
Cadlink, Flexi and Adobe will all do what you need. It's just how easy to get to film that is the problem. Flexi is all in one but not finely tuned to seps but it can be done. Cadlink can be altered easily to your inhouse specs. But the tshirt sep programs (fastrip, seperator, etc.) available may be easier to use & drive the printer depending on your experience. Basically you need a rip to drive the printer and you have one embedded in Flexi, upgrading Cadlink will just give you a dedicated rip that may be a bit more than you need. All boils down to how easy you want to make your film production.