• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calculating media used, HP L25500

GP

Printing on L25500 with Caldera.

During training, I felt like there was a way to see how much media has been used on the current roll. About to start a new print job and want to see if it will fit.

Thinking that it shows you the number on the printer panel when the media is unloaded.

Is there another way?

GP

ddarlak

Go Bills!
go to your browser and type in the ip address of your printer. under accounting, look for the media you have printed, add it up and subtract it from the starting point.

Tony McD

Not sure about your model, but the 5500 has the ability to keep track of usage by media.
It's been a while, so my memory is a little fuzzy.When installing a new full roll..you tell the printer the media type, roll length and width.
For it to keep track, you had to select that same roll of media.
There was an option to print the remaining amount on the roll after printing.
It was never exact, just close within a few feet...at the end of the roll, it always said there was more than there actually was.

ProColorGraphics

If you turn on media tracker, I think that is the name, it will keep track. BUT, you first have to input the length of the roll when you first put it in. Then keep track of what is left on that specific roll when you take it out. I use it and like it. If it is an already in use roll, I am not sure how to do that.