• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caldera Barcodes and Summa Cutters

PrintItBig

Hi,

We have Caldera V12 running on a Mac and have just bought a Summa S2 160T.

I was under the impression that barcodes could be created in Caldera and then read by the cutter automatically without the need for an additional PC running Windows.

The engineer who installed the machine doesn't seem to think that's the case and instead we'd have to run a separate windows machine with Summa Barcode Server installed.

Can someone confirm please?

Thanks.

DaveD

Hi,

We have Caldera V12 running on a Mac and have just bought a Summa S2 160T.

I was under the impression that barcodes could be created in Caldera and then read by the cutter automatically without the need for an additional PC running Windows.

The engineer who installed the machine doesn't seem to think that's the case and instead we'd have to run a separate windows machine with Summa Barcode Server installed.

Can someone confirm please?

Thanks.

That’s not right. You should be able to get it done without an additional PC. You may need to purchase a bar code reader as we did. However we are using Graphtech plotters I don’t know if Summa has on board readers. I’d be happy to walk you through our setup if you like.

JPR-5690

I’m running v12 on a Mac and have the same cutter. You just have to activate the opos camera on the cutter itself (I forget exactly how...you have to register the serial number online or something) and once you have the cutter set up in Caldera it will automatically add barcodes and send a cut file to the cutter queue after you rip the print file