• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caldera Broken Pipe

jpena9137

I am driving an HP L260 via a trail of Caldera and I have twice had a broken pipe error and another misc. stop mid-print because of an "unknown reason" in two days. So many people speak very highly of Caldera, but I am struggling to understand what I am doing wrong. I had a trial of Onyx Postershop and had no such problems. I want to believe that Caldera is the best choice, but these errors are not helping to convince me...

Anyone have insight into this? Both times I believe I stepped away and the computer went into some sort of sleep mode. I am wondering if there is a connection. If so, do most people make certain adjustments to their OS in order to prevent this?

Many thanks!

nate

I am driving an HP L260 via a trail of Caldera and I have twice had a broken pipe error and another misc. stop mid-print because of an "unknown reason" in two days. So many people speak very highly of Caldera, but I am struggling to understand what I am doing wrong. I had a trial of Onyx Postershop and had no such problems. I want to believe that Caldera is the best choice, but these errors are not helping to convince me...

Anyone have insight into this? Both times I believe I stepped away and the computer went into some sort of sleep mode. I am wondering if there is a connection. If so, do most people make certain adjustments to their OS in order to prevent this?

Many thanks!

if your computer is asleep, it's not sending data......

Kreate !nk

Many thanks!

Check your network cabling and/or your network switch. this is indicative of cable problems or bad switch port. also, make sure you have a static IP on Caldera and L260.

noregrets

Also check the disk space on your machine. I too get this error from time to time and normally it is to do with the rip machine, either being low on disk space or under a heavy load.