• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caldera Color Replacement

jasonx

Hey guys,

Are you able to select a color with a color picker and change the output CMYK value? I know how to do this in Onyx. I've read the manual and tried doing it in caldera under the spot color tool. Either I am missing something or this isn't where I should be doing it.

Using version 9 of Caldera.

I've looked online for a tutorial and can't find anything.

C

ColoPrinthead

Click the swatch book icon after you have dragged the job the the printer, then select the color. Next go to the details tab to change the color values. It took me awhile to find coming from an Onyx background.

milchad

Hey guys,

Are you able to select a color with a color picker and change the output CMYK value? I know how to do this in Onyx. I've read the manual and tried doing it in caldera under the spot color tool. Either I am missing something or this isn't where I should be doing it.

Using version 9 of Caldera.

I've looked online for a tutorial and can't find anything.

Use Color books to generate several swatches, print the array of colors and choose the one that most closely matches the color you are trying to match. Under each color swatch, you will see the cmyk breakdown.

jasonx

I think I am understanding you right about using the spot colors tab. I've attached screen shots of creating a spot based on an input color and then adjusting the value on the details tab for output.

When I do this and go to print those changes aren't reflected.

This is a raster image and although is a test is the same thing I am trying to replicate for another image. I'ts all raster based.

If this is correct how to do I save or process the file to use these changes?

I can do it in Onyx I'm lost in Caldera at the moment.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-29 at 11.15.46 am.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-29 at 11.15.46 am.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 363
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-29 at 11.16.23 am.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-29 at 11.16.23 am.png
    134.8 KB · Views: 390

Andy_warp

If it's raster based...photoshop is your tool.

Caldera has global color corrections, but I don't suggest using it.
Color replace works through ONYX on raster images, again, I advise against using it.

The spot color replace tool in any rip is made for vector spot colors, if used with raster images you WILL get pixel artifacts.

jasonx

If it's raster based...photoshop is your tool.

Caldera has global color corrections, but I don't suggest using it.
Color replace works through ONYX on raster images, again, I advise against using it.

The spot color replace tool in any rip is made for vector spot colors, if used with raster images you WILL get pixel artifacts.

I understand the problem with the artifacts. So this can't be done in Caldera with a raster image?

Andy_warp

It is possible. After you load your image, go to the last tab in the spot colors (visual) and use the eyedropper with the star.

Also you'll want to click on "images" instead of vector.
I still would never use this, but we print over 10 ft. wide and what can look like a small artifact can turn out to be inches large at output.

C&DW

Same issue on 10.1 Caldera

We are having this same issue on Caldera 10.1. Unable to get this to map correctly using the Spot Color Map option and a vector image.

Was there very any resolution on this?

Davo

As per attachment..

make sure you have Vector, images(raster) or Both selected for the colour replacement. Cirecled in red.

Apply Rules applies the rules, the little yellow button on the left automatically updates the changes... circled in red.

As you can see here I have chosen C0M0Y0K100 from my image in the Visual TAB using the eye dropper.

The output is then shown down the bottom circled in red. Change these values to what you want the printer to print.

Attachments

• caldera.JPG
    caldera.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 399

C&DW

Thanks! This was figured out. Based on how our files hit the rip, we had to turn on RGB preview for this to work properly.