• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caldera & Flexcutting

daenterpri

Hello!

I'm making the switch from Flexi to Caldera. So far I love it. The only thing that I cannot figure out, and support didn't even know how to do this, was to have Caldera use my Flexcut tool on my cutter (Summa S2T). It want's to lightly kiss cut everything and we pretty much Flexcut everything. I see where I can add the Flexcut Mode 1 & 2 tool, but even when I make it the priority tool it doesn't seem to kick in. And it continually overrides my cutters settings. Also, it seems like I should be able to adjust ALL the parameters of Flexcutting and I can't figure out how to do that either through Caldera.

Thanks for your help!

FrankW

To avoid that the software overwrites the cutter settings, you could configure the plotter to ignore tool commands sent from the software (communication - tool command - ignore).

But this will not be helpful if you want to combine sometimes kiss-cut and flex-cut in one job. I don't know Caldera, but in Flexi there is a choice to select the tool number. For FlexCut Fast Mode Tool No. 5 should be chosen, for Accurate Tool No. 6.