• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

(caldera) I am curious about the caldera ink amount control and black color options.

congdesign

(caldera) I am curious about the caldera ink amount control and black color options.

I am using handtop uv print.
When printing, only the dark color does not harden slightly, so if you scratch it with your hand, it will smear a little.
So I want to reduce the amount of ink a little...

In addition to reducing the total amount in easymedia->ink limit in Caldera
Is there any other way?

It is currently set at 250%. How much option do you usually use?

The printer is currently set to CMYKWW.

All lamps and curing units have been replaced with new ones.

I'm very frustrated because I can't find a solution...

T.T

signheremd

Not sure how old your machine is, but if it uses LEDs then there should be controls to adjust brightness level. Aside from that, I know the glass protecting the lamps needs to be cleaned off periodically. Lastly, you have the ability to run leading lamps, trailing lamps, or both. Leading lamps hits the substrate with light before the ink so the ink lands, runs a little, mixes a bit more and you get a shiny finish. Trailing lamps hit just after the ink lands on the substrate so they cure the ink a before it can run or mix much - gives you a flat finish and tighter definition. Having both on will cure the ink more thoroughly.

yannb

Is this the total ink amount in the icc profile, or in the ink limiting stage (before ICC generation)?

congdesign

It's my first time using Caldera Lip, so I'm not sure.

I am testing it by adjusting the easy media-> profile -> ink limit limit.

The amount of light from the lamp is sufficient, but the total amount of ink must go down to 60%.
Curing is done well..