• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caldera keeps crashing when using the nesting feature

FishnSigns

We are using Caldera 9 to run our various printers. When "nesting" rather than composing several files, our Mac keeps crashing. Sometimes it will print 3-4' worth of material, then the printer(s) freeze and Caldera freezes. We can make a large composed document with no problem. It's just when using the nesting feature or step & repeat, things go haywire. Anyone out there run into this? I'm pretty sure it's something to do with Caldera and not a printer issue since the same problem happens with 4 different printers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt-Tastic

Caldera 9.10 build 130607 came out a little over a month ago. if you haven't updated, try that patch. Also, the patches will often check other common files, one of which may be corrupt.

if not, reinstall from the latest caldera 9.10 image over the existing setup. it'll rewrite all the core files, but leave you other settings the way they are.

if that doesn't fix it, it may be hardware related in the computer, or a bug you can let Caldera know about. support-na@caldera.com

FishnSigns

Thanks. We did the latest update but we haven't tried reinstalling yet. Talked to Caldera last week and they didn't seem to have an explanation. Will try the reinstall, hopefully it isn't a hardware issue. Thanks.