• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caldera - Licence change

Danskitt

Hi all,

I am having a bit of trouble with Calderas so called customer care service. I have V11 (which they tell me is no longer supported) and have 3 x licences that I bought. 2 of the licences run Grand Format Printers and 1 x runs a Large Format Printer. A while ago we decommissioned one of the GFP machines and now I would like to start running a Roland LFP though Caldera as well as a HP365, the trouble is though that the licence isn't able to run the other machine. I have contacted support to get the licence changed over but they say they won't do it and I have to upgrade to V13. I find this disgraceful as I have already bought a licence just want to change it to a machine I have now.

So I guess does anyone know a work around for this?

I think though if I can't get a solution I would rather make the change now to Onyx, here is Australia Caldera isn't widely used anyway and it's always hard to find someone local that uses it.

Dan

greysquirrel

download a 30 day demo of onyx or caldera to get yourself running. That's one of the problems with software when it expires you are unable get support. I don't disagree with that policy, its how they make money and quite frankly they are upgrading for revenue purposes and also to stay current with printer manufacturers and adobe. You are SOL on this one unfortunately.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Hate to say it Dan, but like everyone else...Adobe being the biggest culprit, Caldera has moved towards a subscription in a way. You have to purchase V13 through a vendor or directly if they do that. In upgrading our Mac software as well, we realized ahead of time that 13 was the way to go. If you didnt have the license written for your different model printers when you acquired it, as you found out they will not upgrade the license. Disgraceful to a point yes...but necessity of business as well. 13 does have a number of upgrades that makes things easier as well as more stable. If you are running Macs...upgrading to Mojave at the least is beneficial as well and 13 runs great there as well as Catalina. I have found Caldera in USA to be very helpful and trustworthy.