• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caldera RIP

HulkSmash

I've seen quite a few people talking about RIPs and which works the best.

I've used Onyx, Flexi, and a bit of Wasach...

But for anyone who has been thinking about giving Caldera a try - it's an awesome program. Their RIP is literally drag and Drop. Works Beautifully with the latex. Every time i call support i get someone... and they're very helpful. They actually gave me a 60 day trial which i thought was very generous for a trial period...

I turned in 1 flexi key and getting the whole program for only like 900 bucks.. And for the caliber of this product...it's a steel.

rfulford

I turned in 1 flexi key and getting the whole program for only like 900 bucks.. And for the caliber of this product...it's a steel.

I too did the 60 day demo of caldera and loved it. At the time however, they were not offering crossgrades. From whom did you make the purchase?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Did you set up a dedicated Linux machine to run it?
How does that work into your workflow?
Would a dual boot on a win7 machine work for this?
I see several different packages, which one did you opt for?

wayne k
guam usa

HulkSmash

Did you set up a dedicated Linux machine to run it? Caldera actually provides a linux boot disc that has a nice clean OS on it. Just formatted one of our old rip stations, Worked perfectly.

How does that work into your workflow? Actually helps my work flow. Easier to drag and drop jobs and allow them to arrange.

Would a dual boot on a win7 machine work for this? I'm not sure, i think it has to be dedicated Linux.

I see several different packages, which one did you opt for? Right now i have the Grand RIP.But Virtual RIP should work for most.
wayne k
guam usa

Let me know if you have any more questions.

njshorts

We've been considering it, this may be the tipping point...

What systems (desktop/rip server) are you running?

signswi

Caldera will run on any linux distro but the distro they rolled and give you is just Ubuntu modified slightly, very easy to use.

Colorado, any chance you can do some video capture of the workflow? I tried the Caldera demo but wasn't all that impressed, seemed really clumbsy...but it was only a demo.

MinnGreenGT

I've used Onyx for more than 10 years, and now have need to learn Caldera. Anyone have any suggestions for good training resources? I couldn't find anything specific on their website or by general searches.

HulkSmash

I've used Onyx for more than 10 years, and now have need to learn Caldera. Anyone have any suggestions for good training resources? I couldn't find anything specific on their website or by general searches.

we taught ourselves in like 5 hrs. Call Ernst, at caldera, he'll help you with any issues.

S2S

I've seen quite a few people talking about RIPs and which works the best.

I've used Onyx, Flexi, and a bit of Wasach...

But for anyone who has been thinking about giving Caldera a try - it's an awesome program. Their RIP is literally drag and Drop. Works Beautifully with the latex. Every time i call support i get someone... and they're very helpful. They actually gave me a 60 day trial which i thought was very generous for a trial period...

if you are thinking of Caldera...you will be great until you need to upgrade printers...they will stab you and then stab you again...beware.

HulkSmash

if you are thinking of Caldera...you will be great until you need to upgrade printers...they will stab you and then stab you again...beware.
7 Year old threat, and yes i agree 1000000000000% we're about 20k deep into it after 7 uyyears