Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caldera Spot Color Management-Resources or Help?

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by flyplainsdrifta, Apr 2, 2019.

1. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    Hey all!

So spot color stuff is really one of my only holes in caldera knowledge. Does anyone have experience with this or have any good resources on this topic? Thank you all!

2. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Here
    Have you reached out to Caldera support. The other thing is Caldera has a lot of videos on line, do a search.

3. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    i am currently doing so with the videos and with caldera, was just wondering if anyone had any other resources. thanks though!!

4. Andy_warp

Andy_warp Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    What issues are you having?

5. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    not too many anymore! just took awhile to get comfy for me.

6. Andy_warp

Andy_warp Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Sweet! Caldera isn't my favorite...it all feels backwards! I prefer Onyx, but I couldn't get a good profile with my setup.
    A lot of the spot color issues we see have to do with how files are constructed. We've seen issues in blending modes too.
    We really only trust normal or multiply.

Also have had gradient mesh stuff render really weird...had to just change colorspaces from cmyk to rgb.

Caldera is consistent and efficient, though! Just felt like I had more control in Onyx.