• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caldera v10 and summa s2t problema.

frojasferrari

Just upgrade from calder v92 to v10.
Summa is acting weird, I set up the marks just like i did it in v9.2 but the cutter seems to not fin all the register marks.
attachment.php

theres the file, with all the marks.

attachment.php

the settings for the marks.

All this done before the job is sent to RIP/print

Once printed the cut file is generated, the cut file is created with the marks, right? but then when is sent to the cutter this happens:

[video=youtube;WiNAfKSoewQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiNAfKSoewQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The barcode is supposed to tell the cutter where the register marks are but it looks like the cutter get lost after reading the barcode and the first reg mark.
What am I missing here?

Also, since the upgrade, caldera is running super slow, the computer is dedicated only for the rip, it has 8 gb ram and 3,2 GHz Intel Core i5

Attachments

• IMG_6798.jpg
    IMG_6798.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 813
  • IMG_6799.jpg
    IMG_6799.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 859

ProColorGraphics

I know I experienced this before. The settings that Caldera is using to create the marks is different than what is set in the cutter. I will see if I can remember how I changed it. I know on mine, I don't create nearly as many marks as you have there!

frojasferrari

It would be really cool if you remember how you solved your problem and if is the same problem Im having.

I kinda "over marked" this job, cause last job had the same problem, it missed a couple of marks but still did the cutting all right. So this time I put a lot of marks to see if it was a one time thing or a regular problem with the upgrade.

FrankW

The parameters of the markers are not "written" in the barcode, the barcode stands for the name of the cutting file. As long as no error message appears after the barcode is read, the plotter finds a cut file belonging to the print. As long as the plotter correctly start scanning markers the OPOS-commands are set in the file. If the plotter do not search for the markers in the correct position, caldera have written wrong parameters into that file.

Try to reduce the number of markers and resize the job to a larger size. I had a similar problem one time with Caldera and jobs shorter than 50cm. Try to reset the OPOS-Settings in caldera to the defaults

AF

Your registration marks are too close to the edge of the media. The stock setting for the Summa won't read marks wider than the outer main pinch rollers. There are 2 solutions for this. The easiest is to adjust your job in the rip so you have margins of at least 1.5" on both sides. The other option is to change the setting in the summa front panel to enable extended cutting (I forget what menu it is in and the exact wording of the setting).

frojasferrari

been working like this for the las 2 years and everything works good with v9.2

the problems started with the upgrade to v10

frojasferrari

Fixed it!

Caldera release a patch (160601) that screwed up the cutter. Did the Uninstall of the Rip then Install again, the version previous from this patch, installed everything from scratch and everything started working again, the cutter DID read all the marks, even though they were LOTS of marks, and start cutting as always did.... once the cut was done, I installed the new patch, cause I thought nothing would happen, and send the same job to the cutter.... BUM the problem was bak, so, the latest caldera patch don´t like my cutter.

Anybody else having problems with the new patch?