Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Caldera V14 Upgrade

Discussion in 'General Software' started by NZOC, Nov 17, 2020.

1. NZOC

NZOC New Member

Oct 8, 2019
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Caldera have a new version out, V14. We are still using V11 and while it's working ok (mostly, aside from the odd crash) they will no longer offer technical support. The upgrade to V14 is crazy expensive through our service agent so we are considering either sticking with V11 for as long as we can or switching to ONYX.

What are peoples thoughts on the ONYX/Caldera comparison. Should we switch to ONYX, go to the expense of the V14 upgrade or just stick with V11.

We are running a Fuji Acuity Advance Select flatbed.

2. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I just upgraded to V14. The main thing, only thing, I see as advantage for me is the new fine line feature. It does make really small text and lines clearer.

3. balstestrat

balstestrat Active Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Between the bits
    Shouldn't be much cheaper to go for onyx either. You get a little discount for trade-in and that's it.
    But I'll tell you, you will probably regret it. You are familiar with Caldera so you will wonder why everything is so difficult and slow with Onyx.

Get the free trial from Onyx and try it.

4. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    Caldera is a great rip. Rock solid and very stable. No issues ripping files that clients give to us. We are still using V 13 ourselves and found that the upgrade was worth the money in saved time for certain aspects of the software. I purchased the subscription including support. Moving to V13 we found that the Double sided aspect of the software helped us out quite a bit but we have 4 printers we run using it...3 latex and a UV Hybrid. Personally, I would stick with what you know. Their support is superior and here in the US, Ernst is a great guy to email/chat with if you need help.