• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caldera v9 to v10: does it worth it?

bigben

I currently have Caldera visualrip+ v9 and just got an email that the v10 just came out. Does it really worth it to pay the 1700$ they asking for to upgrade it? I've checked the ''improvement list'' and other than the ''print board'' option, it seems to be the same thing. We are only 2 in the shop, the the print board is not a really big thing for us.

So what is you opinion?

Ben

nate

I currently have Caldera visualrip+ v9 and just got an email that the v10 just came out. Does it really worth it to pay the 1700$ they asking for to upgrade it? I've checked the ''improvement list'' and other than the ''print board'' option, it seems to be the same thing. We are only 2 in the shop, the the print board is not a really big thing for us.

So what is you opinion?

Ben

Worth every penny for the 64bit APPE alone... Massive files, massive amounts of RAM can now be accessed. No more 32bit!

jpena9137

Can I bounce this off of you all to see if I am being unreasonable. Within the last three months I purchased the upgrade to the software as a trade in. So I sent in my Onyx key and paid the upgrade fee for the license. Now, just a short time later they come out with a new version and want the upgrade fee again. If I had waited two months I wouldn't be double paying for the new release. I have purchased other software before where the developers offer special deals for recent purchasers as they transition between releases as to not have customers experience buyers remorse they bought the software a month too soon. They are giving me a hard time about that while only offering only a small discount. I feel like it is really poor customer service. I don't know if I can recommend their service to the same level as others have claimed. Is it unreasonable to be upset about the fact that they are asking me to basically double pay because I bought 2 months too early?

jetblack3s

So what is you opinion?

Ben

Did they give you free training when you bought the software

nate

Did they give you free training when you bought the software

Caldera isn't rocket science-- it's quite intuitive. There is plenty of documentation on the system, on their site, on their OTRS setup, and of course you can call or email them.

nate

Can I bounce this off of you all to see if I am being unreasonable. Within the last three months I purchased the upgrade to the software as a trade in. So I sent in my Onyx key and paid the upgrade fee for the license. Now, just a short time later they come out with a new version and want the upgrade fee again. If I had waited two months I wouldn't be double paying for the new release. I have purchased other software before where the developers offer special deals for recent purchasers as they transition between releases as to not have customers experience buyers remorse they bought the software a month too soon. They are giving me a hard time about that while only offering only a small discount. I feel like it is really poor customer service. I don't know if I can recommend their service to the same level as others have claimed. Is it unreasonable to be upset about the fact that they are asking me to basically double pay because I bought 2 months too early?

It's really like anything in the tech world-- there is always something going to be newer and better than what you have. At least you didn't have to pay for APPE twice like I did.