Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calendered applied over cast

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by jsmoritz2000, Aug 21, 2012.

1. jsmoritz2000

jsmoritz2000 Very Active Member

I had read a discussion somewhere a while back about using cast laminate over calendered digital print media that stated that cast over calendered vinyl is okay but never the other way around.

So my question is is it not acceptable to place cut calendered vinyl over cut cast vinyl? For example, if I were to apply Oracal 651 calendered lettering over an Oracal 751 cast drop shadow would there be issues later on down the road when applied to a flat surface? Any feedback on why this would either be acceptable or a bad idea would be great. Thanks.

Tags:
  2. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    They shrink and contract at different temps so its not a safe idea to do so.

3. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    calendared and cast on the same graphic

+1,000,000

4. jsmoritz2000

jsmoritz2000 Very Active Member

Thanks for the quick response. I had a feeling that was going to be the answer I would get and it's a good thing to know. I appreciate the feedback.