• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calendered or Cast?

Jackpine

Calendered removable adhesive if you are printing, but calendered for cost if you are cutting colors.

CentralSigns

For less than a year and really probably a couple races only, I'd go calendared. Racers want cheap as well, they always try to get something for nothing. Do the work for free and you can have a spot on the quarter panel for your decal, is a favorite offer they have. Although we have one we deal with that pays well, we fix him up good with quality product. Always scared to put a name on a panel as it always gets you more do it for free requests. They jump at you like starving rats.

HulkSmash

If you were applying numbers on race car (weekly racer) would you use calendered vinyl or cast vinyl?

You said weekly racer, which made it sound like you were replacing them weekly. If not, then yes use cast.

but not everyone likes to use quality materials like us, i'm sure calendered will hold up

CentralSigns

Sounds like you already knew your answer. Sorry we didn't agree. The racers we deal with take extra sets of decals with them for replacement on scuffed panels they get every couple races.

149motorsports

Calander, most guys bodys dont last more than a month and they all smahsed up, they bang them out and the **** is allready junk. I'm around these guys from march till oct at the track, trust me lol..i got a huge pile of sheet metal out back off the cars.

Speedsterbeast

I've never used cast vinyl on race cars unless I'm out of stock on calandered.
I don't know any type of racing that people's cars or graphic designs outlast the vinyl.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Most calendered is 2mils thicker than cast so cal is 2x the weight of cast per square inch.
I'd up-sell them on the lighter - faster - High Performance vinyl.....

wayne k
guam usa

royster13

Most calendered is 2mils thicker than cast so cal is 2x the weight of cast per square inch.
I'd up-sell them on the lighter - faster - High Performance vinyl.....

wayne k
guam usa

In which brand?.....Oracal 751 and 951 is 2 mils and 651 is 2.5mils.....So not 2 mil difference there....