Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calendered Vinyl- Racecars

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by landdesigns, Feb 29, 2020.

1. landdesigns

landdesigns Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Bridgewater NY
    Hello, Im currently in my race car graphics time of the year . I'm using Arlon Calendared Vinyl works great on flat surfaces , but but not on sharp bends or crevices . I was curious if there is a brand of calendared vinyl that works better , hate to use cast for a Racecar.

THANK You.

Tags:
  2. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Very Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    Oracal 3551 with 290 cast laminate as long as it isnt real crazy. Avery 1105/1360 isnt all that much more though and is easier to work with

3. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    Have you looked into automatically, it's a 2.4 mil calendered vinyl meant for simple wraps. If you want to stick with Arlon, the 4600lx might do the trick when paired with a cast laminate.

With racecars, price is the only concern, graphics usually don't last more than a few races anyway, so leave it up to your clients if they would rather pay for proper materials or not, usually race car guys won't pay, in fact they will usually try to get the job for free if you put your name on the wrap :p

4. landdesigns

landdesigns Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Bridgewater NY
    They all want it free ! LOL Is Automatically a Brand?

5. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    So why do it?

6. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    I tell race boys and girls that I am not the shop for them right out of the gate.

7. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    Sorry autocorrect on my phone, I meant AutoMark from general formulations, but it's only about 30% less than proper cast film.

8. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Yup. Got out of that mess a couple decades ago. Dirt racers will spend 5 grand on a claimer motor, 4 grand on shocks, thousands more on the "latest" chassis then whine about 500 bucks to letter their car.

• Agree Agree x 2