• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calendered vinyl with a good shine?

landdesigns

What does Everybody Suggest for calendered Vinyl with a good shine, I have Arlon but the Shine is not good , I have race cars coming up, so looking for a good shine.

rjssigns

put a gloss laminate. Protect that print.. It's going on a car.
Good in theory but it doesn't protect you from other drivers running into you.
Assuming the OP is talking about "roundy racers" here is a typical weekend. Race, wreck, fix repeat.
I used to help out a circle track team and lettered hundreds of cars. Can make it as pretty as you want, if it lasts a race without damage it's a bonafide miracle.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Good in theory but it doesn't protect you from other drivers running into you.
Assuming the OP is talking about "roundy racers" here is a typical weekend. Race, wreck, fix repeat.
I used to help out a circle track team and lettered hundreds of cars. Can make it as pretty as you want, if it lasts a race without damage it's a bonafide miracle.
then why care about the gloss?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Geneva, most vehicles are shiny, so you want a gloss to go with that. However, this thread is about race cars, and for stickers on a race car that's going to get smashed up (most likely) they want cheap and temporary. So, a calendared gloss vinyl is the ticket. We would use Ij35C-10 - but we don't do a LOT of these. If we did more we'd probably use oracal 3640 gloss - no lam.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I use Shinebrite from Fellers, it's quite glossy. I wouldn't worry too much as long as you stay away from matte vinyl.