• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calibration dx5

Dr_Andriy

Hello. How can this be fixed? Cyan doubles. Mimaki jv33.

Attachments

• IMG_3430.jpeg
    IMG_3430.jpeg
    881.8 KB · Views: 107

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Most likely head alignment. However, the question needs to include much more information, like brand, model, ink configuration, etc.

CJN

Hi,

I'd start from encoder strip cleaning with alcohol wipe. This is a cheapest and safest step to start. I had similar issue on my Mimaki UCJV300. Cleaned strip and it was solved. Heads callibration is engeneer level job, do not touch it yourself.

Dr_Andriy

But its only cyan color. I think that if the problem was in the encoder strip, then all the colours would shift. But I will try to clean up.

CJN

Maybe you are right. But why not to try even some experienced guys recommend to do it periodically. When I cleaned my one, the wipe was a dark brown color, tha's mean encoder was really dirty. Interesting to have any news from you how did you managed this problem.

Cheers,

CJ