• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calibration (feed), what is "PET-G"? (SP300 Service manual 4-10)

zm71

From the Roland SP300 Service manual: 4-10 CALIBRATION (FEEDING DIRECTION) (Referential Time : 15min.)

"Calibration is done by using the PET-G in the Factory." What does this mean,, what´s PET-G? And what factory?:covereyes:

Regards!! :thankyou:

J Hill Designs

PET-G is Polyethylene terephthalate glycol-modified

basically a dimensionally stable thermo-polymer

some manufacturers use it for backing paper to resist warping

I would assume 'factory' is referring to the originating factory of the equipment

artbot

i remember this phrase from way back with my old roland. i believe they are referring to the use of PETG as a printing substrate for doing the factory calibrations. the PETG gives the highest possible resolution/dot placement so that the tech can see the calibration patterns most clearly vs using some other substrate that might allow for dot gain.

zm71

what i was thinking.. but i could just load it up with some random vinyl, do the steps, and see how it´s looks. no?
Pretty scared of these two steps tho (see image)...

Attachments

• Feeding.jpg
    Feeding.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 178

Robert M

pet g

Yes, use a high gloss film and don't lay down a lot of ink. You are looking for a good clear clean image, use a loop to make the adjustments.

Last edited: