• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calling all soccer/futball fans. Help me with this logo.

Joe Diaz

I want to first point out that the customer requested a shield with a soccer ball. This concept was the first design that came to mind. It came to me so easily that I could have sworn that I have seen it before. Has that ever happened to you guys? So afterwords I went online and did some research. Darn near ever soccer (futball) team has a shield with a soccer ball as their logo. :ROFLMAO: But I couldn't find one that matches this design. I still have a sneaking suspicion that I subconsciously ripped off another design.
:help

challengers Soccer Club.jpg

My question is, am I in the clear? Has anyone seen this logo? especially since I have to use a shield with a soccer ball in it, or should I try some different arrangement using these two elements? I'm not much of Soccer fan, so I don't know all the teams. I want to make sure before I send them a concept.

I wish they had some sort of mascot to work with. :thumb:

Pinfinity

Joe, I can't answer you on seeing something familiar, but I can say you did a nice job creating that logo. Very clean, nice font choices, colors work well. Like the red background
sketch.

fmg

bottom right works as the three stripes in the others identify Adidas a bit too much and may cause you some complications down the line.
Nice job though.
I am pretty sure Adidas have a copyright on three stripes used in any sports logo or motif.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks good to me.
I have not seen it before
But you are dead on with the shield and ball comment.
I have 2 sons with this team.

wayne k
guam usa

I didn't do the design - just drew it in vector from their jpg to clean it up & add some detail/effects.

Attachments

• wings2011.jpg
    wings2011.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 109

Joe Diaz

Shoot, I didn't even think about the number of stripes being an issue. The only reason I even include the stripes was because it's a part of their uniforms. You think 4 stripes would be safe? I'm pretty sure Kswiss does 5 if one could actually claim ownership over something like the number of stripes. LOL But yeah I'll change that. Thanks for the heads up.

fmg

You got me curious so I did a quick search on the rights to the three stripes Adidas have.
It seems that they have filed more than a dozen lawsuits on companies for using the three stripes.They hit Payless shoe source with a $305 million lawsuit.Thats some serious coin!You would think they would know better eh!

Joe Diaz

Just did some research, apparently Adidas has fought and won against companies like Nike too... for not only using 3 stripes but also two and four stripes on shoes or apparel. That is so wild. LOL

I'll just lose the stripes all together, because 6 stripes seems kind of ridiculous. LOL

I need to try that though: I want to see if I can copyright 3 triangles. Think that would work?

Ken

Quick and Dirty attempt...

Here's one without stripes...Good luck..
Ken

Attachments

• Challengers.jpg
    Challengers.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 99

Maddog

Hello,
I specializes in apparel and team sports focusing on Soccer and have a Soccer retail store front.
The Ball Logo looks Good, I have seen something Similar from a Youth Club In California, Can not remember who, a small club and may even be extinct you will be fine with it.

I love the Look with the Stripes and you SHOULD be okay as stripes and soccer logos go hand hand in Hand, if worried maybe change them too swords or something similar shaped, swords would match the crusaders theme then a team can say a sword each for Courage, bravery and Victory or Something.....stay away from anything stars, If a soccer logo has stars it means something. Look at Brazil, one for each world cup they won Spain now has one, in youth it is for a national Championship etc.....stars in soccer logos are sacred.
JMO
I really like The 1st ones.

Maddog

Sorry I said Crusaders.....We have a Club down here called CSC that stands for Crusaders Soccer Club........I see you are dealing with Challengers....swords or Spikes or something could still work I guess....Heck I would keep the Stripes!